The England thread

Is there any general interantional thread? For non-English discussion?

I want somewhere to bitch about Trapattoni thinking it's a good idea to play a 34 year old League 1 centre midfielder at left back instead of a Premier League left back who seems to be the best defender we've gotten through the ranks since Richard Dunne.

I'm on the worst bit of timekilling ever. Nowt to do for an hour, then intelligently booked my car in for an MOT at half three (ooh, my fixture list says no Newcastle game this Saturday, that'll be a good time to do it...). Aiming to Sky+ and watch back later since that team looks like it could produce a fairly entertaining game, though my inherant inability to avoid scores due to stalking my accumulator will probably ruin it.

Although, a note to England fans is that the Welsh happily call themselves sheep-shaggers, so it's hardly offensive. >_>

Got the cricket on, anyway. Yes, I'm from Wales so would like them to win, but I can't exactly be all ''fuck England'' when I support a team from its league. :shifty:

Although, a note to England fans is that the Welsh happily call themselves sheep-shaggers, so it's hardly offensive. >_>

Got the cricket on, anyway. Yes, I'm from Wales so would like them to win, but I can't exactly be all ''fuck England'' when I support a team from its league. :shifty:

Even if you supported Cardiff or Swansea, still be 'our' league >_>

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO LIKE THAT WALES, HUH? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO LIKE THAT WALES, HUH? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO LIKE THAT WALES, HUH? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO LIKE THAT WALES, HUH? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT WALES? [/Michael Cole]

:shifty:

• Like 1

Terry, Cole, Dawson, Lampard and Rooney have been released from the squad and return to their clubs. Kyle Walker is injured and has gone back to Villa. It should be an interesting line-up against Ghana then, Capello said he will probably change the whole starting XI.

And the point of selecting a 'permanent' captain, with all the stupid media furore, further questioning of Capellos managerial ability and all that went along with it is rendered pointless once again.

Why can't we just pick the captain leading into games? Its clearly going to be between Terry, Rio and Gerrard depending on who's fit, or presumably Barry or similar tomorrow. Just pick based on experience for the game in question.

And the point of selecting a 'permanent' captain, with all the stupid media furore, further questioning of Capellos managerial ability and all that went along with it is rendered pointless once again.

Why can't we just pick the captain leading into games? Its clearly going to be between Terry, Rio and Gerrard depending on who's fit, or presumably Barry or similar tomorrow. Just pick based on experience for the game in question.

Don't the Italians (and possibly others) just give the captaincy to whoever's got the most caps in the startling line-up? The obsession the English have with the armband is baffling, if you get to the point where you've only got one leader on the pitch then you're fucked anyway.