The England thread

If he'd called up Joey Barton instead Liverpool could have watched to see how you actually use Andy Carroll. Not a joke either, once they realise you don't just hoof long balls at him like Crouch he'll score fuckloads.

I said that a couple a weeks ago when Liverpool played Braga and they didn't have a clue how to play Carroll. Barton had it down to a tee and probably made Carroll look better than he was. I do like Carroll though and I see him as an important player for England, he's kinda like having Heskey and Crouch all rolled into one. Just hope that someone in the England team will feed him the right balls, I'm thinking Wilshere and Rooney should be able to.

England team vs Ghana; Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Milner, Wilshere, Barry, Young, Downing, Carroll

I'm glad Capello is sticking with 4-5-1, bollocks to 4-4-2 forever.

There are so many annoying things connected to the England football team when it comes to the media.

1. Manager must be English.

2. The Captain is almost as important if not more important than the manager.

3. England plays 4-4-2!

4. England have the greatest players in the world!

None of these things are that tremendously important.

Excellent first half, it could easily be 3-3. Good finish by Carroll and how the fuck did Young miss?! Hoping for more of the same in the second half, hope to see Jarvis and Wellbeck too.

Edit: I know mine and Lineker's post are almost identical but I didn't copy I swear! Iwas trying to post it for about 5 minutes but the board was being it's usual slow self!

Edited by Starvinho

Yeah, glad to see Carroll get his first goal for England. It was a nice finish.

Hart's been really good, other than giving the ball away in the first half; two really top quality saves. Hoping to see Carroll stay on for the majority of the game. England have got a little sloppy in the second half, looking forward to seeing a few of the changes Capello makes.

On a side note - getting really bored of the Capello bashing. I support the guy and I think he'll do England some good; it's just getting a little boring. Even more so when it's Adrien Charles.

This has been a quality friendly, atmosphere is insane.

• 1 month later...

"Birmingham goalkeeper Ben Foster makes himself unavailable for England duty for an indefinite period to help prolong his club career."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13361020.stm

Bullshit excuse if ever there was one. He's a goalkeeper and he's 28 years old. David James should kick him in the balls.

Probably just doesn't want to travel to sit on the bench behind Hart.