The England thread

16 hours ago, brenchill said:

Mark Draper would have been a staple in the middle of the park for England if he played today.

Draper was a staple of my Merlin PL sticker book dream team.  Most likely with Steve 'brittle' Stone 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gazz said:

And if we're giving out caps for English players in good form, Marc Albrighton is more deserving, but he doesn't play for Man Utd

It's this, in part, that makes me think international football isn't worth bothering with.

I always get the feeling someone like Lingaard is brought in at this stage so that Hodgson and co can get a better look him in training, and see how he plays with other internationals. Being called up to the squad is pretty different to being capped. He's been a part of the Under 21's set-up for a long time, it's not the worst thing ever. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Roy Hodgson makes seven changes to the England team. Spurs duo Dele Alli and Eric Dier start together in midfield.

England Team:

1 Hart
2 Clyne
3 Gibbs
4 Dier
5 Cahill
6 Stones
7 Alli
8 Barkley
9 Kane
10 Rooney © 
11 Sterling  

France make five changes from the side which beat Germany on Friday night. Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye, Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and former Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa all start. Lassana Diarra - whose cousin was killed in the attacks in Paris on Friday - misses out, as does Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann. Griezmann's sister was in the Bataclan theatre but escaped the attack there.

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Yeah. I get the showing solidarity and all but not one person cares about the game of football. If I was one of the French players I would just want to be at home with my family.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

DELE FUCKING ALLI, BOOM!

You changed script fairly sharpish 

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...