General Television Thread

Hellfire

We started watching Happy! last night. It's pretty good, really fucking out there for sure, but entertaining as hell. It's much in the spirit of Blood Drive in regard to just absurdity and violence with humor. It's also a SyFy show like Blood Drive (which should have got a season 2...).

48 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

We started watching Happy! last night. It's pretty good, really fucking out there for sure, but entertaining as hell. It's much in the spirit of Blood Drive in regard to just absurdity and violence with humor. It's also a SyFy show like Blood Drive (which should have got a season 2...).

Don't you toy with my emotions like that 😥

On 20/12/2018 at 20:21, livid said:

I've also been watching The Fix and Jimmy Carr's laugh is insanity. 

I loved The Fix. Katherine Ryan was easily the best thing about the entire show, which led me to her 2017 Netflix special and that was all sorts of great too. I guess she's a fixture on those British panel shows, which I didn't even know was a thing until I saw on Wikipedia how many she's been on. I wish there were more episodes of The Fix, however. It seemed really short, but quality over quantity, I suppose.

Completed S1 of Jack Ryan on Amazon, and that was reallyyyy fucking good - can't wait for S2.

Now I'm 5 episodes deep into The Wire and I won't be watching anything else until I finish the series, probably. So good.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2018 at 01:43, tristy said:

I loved The Fix. Katherine Ryan was easily the best thing about the entire show, which led me to her 2017 Netflix special and that was all sorts of great too. I guess she's a fixture on those British panel shows, which I didn't even know was a thing until I saw on Wikipedia how many she's been on. I wish there were more episodes of The Fix, however. It seemed really short, but quality over quantity, I suppose.

Completed S1 of Jack Ryan on Amazon, and that was reallyyyy fucking good - can't wait for S2.

Now I'm 5 episodes deep into The Wire and I won't be watching anything else until I finish the series, probably. So good.

Katherine Ryan is great. She's on a LOT of british panel shows. She'll be on the Big Fat Quiz of Everything on Friday, and they usually get uploaded to YouTube pretty soon after. The Big Fat Quiz is a yearly 90min long panel show going back over the news of the year, and it's amazing. I love it. they occasionally do specials, which is what the one on Friday will be. She also appeared on the two 2017 quizzes. Perhaps this link works for you? (It's blocked in the UK)

Anyway, the 2018 one was incredible. I watched it on New Years Eve and it was the best.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

Watched the first two books of the final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events last night.  Ugh, this show is so fun, I wish this wasn't the end. :(

I got my daughter into the show, just to trick her into wanting to read the books. And it worked! 😊

• Like 2

I had to skip the Fix episode on the Wealth Gap because I couldn't deal with Howie Mandell just talking about how wealthy he was the whole time. "I'M JUST BEING HONEST" fuck off mate

3 hours ago, K said:

I had to skip the Fix episode on the Wealth Gap because I couldn't deal with Howie Mandell just talking about how wealthy he was the whole time. "I'M JUST BEING HONEST" fuck off mate

He was so awful, which sort of aided the "see, this is a problem" of it all but was otherwise a huge drag.

Anyone know where I can catch Surviving R. Kelly online without needing any kind of account? Hulu Live TV has Lifetime, but I don't have Live TV and Hulu doesn't let you account share. Similarly, I can't watch through DirecTV or Dish or any cable/satellite providers because I don't have any login info for any of those.

Right now I'm having to make due with reading recaps of it on The Root, but I'd really like to see it for myself.