General Television Thread

Hellfire

Presumably horribly for a consumer, similar to Sky losing it's monopoly on sports and customers now needing 4 subscriptions to see what they used to get with one. All the BBC stuff will presumably disappear from Netflix eventually?

In this case it'll be interesting to see what stays on free iPlayer. I'd probably subscribe for a month if they put This Morning With Richard Not Judy on.

• Like 1

I can't see it working unless they drastically alter the type of shows they fund. The endless period pieces they fund are fine and find their audience, but in terms of breaking global audiences, it's going to have to start funding more stuff like Fleabag and Killing Eve and invest in more exciting voices and vary up their content, I'd have thought. 

It's that image where they compare BBC with "other streaming services" to point out we're already spending more. Feels like shooting themselves in the foot. If the license fee went down to a tenner, with this £5 on top I could be tempted, but a chunk on top of £12.88?

Has anyone ever seen the show Small Business Revolution on Hulu?

One of my neighboring towns won the chance to be featured in season 4 of the show. 6 businesses and the main street area of town get a $500,000 renovation.

14 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Deadly Class on Sci-Fi is great. I only watched one episode, soundtrack is amazing, basically if I made one it would be this.

Yeah I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Just wait until you get to the Vegas episode!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Owen said:

Frasier's The Ski Lodge is an absolute wonderful episode of television.

Yes! Perfect farce.

My favourite bit in all of Frasier is in a different episode when Frasier is trying to help Bulldog after he has been dumped. And after helping him and getting geed up, Niles tells him that they are going to be late for the Cigare Valonte and Fraiser says "Screw it! I say we go somewhere we don't even need a reservation!" and Niles slaps him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, livid said:

Yeah I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Just wait until you get to the Vegas episode!

Initially...well spoiler..

I initially thought it was going to be this team of bad ass kid assassins. Some are hard asses but I like that some of them are just kids figuring life shit out in extraordinary circumstances. Henry Rollins is awesome in it, it’s a great spin on a high school story.

Bodyguard started with a really interesting premise and then...

Spoiler

turned into a really generic BBC crime/conspiracy drama.

It's like the entire spirit of Homeland was condensed into a mini-series instead of several.