General Television Thread

Hellfire

Archer S8E1

Spoiler

Woodhouse finally officially bites the dust :(

Also, that was pretty bad. I don't think I laughed even once, every character has been absolutely neutered of humour, and the drama did not make up for it at all. This was beyond the absurd shark jump of Archer Vice and into jumping a sharknado. Really hope it gets better because Archer was one of my favourite shows from S1 to S4.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:42, 8 Maids-C-MILking said:

I was just about to start on Banshee! It's been highly recommended to me by people I know who didn't like it but are certain I would...

I watched episode one. They had me at the evil exiled Amish mafia don.

• Like 1

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 finale...

Spoiler

Bleh. I liked the ending up until the stupid "We broke time" bit. I was hoping they'd use the whole thing as a bit of a reset for the show.

Ideally I'd like them to change up the team, keep Sara as captain, Mick Rory as the renegade member, and maybe Nate as the white meat good guy of the show (though I'm not even married to that) and then bring in a whole new team of Legends outside that, and just cameo the others. I'm just not invested in any of the other current regulars any more.

Samurai Jack episode 5

Spoiler

Soooo.. is the mysterious horseman some manifestation of Jack's personality? Jack's been terrified of it and resisting it since the season started, but after believing that those children died, he submitted to the horseman and ran off with him. Maybe he's a manifestation of Jack's guilt?

Veep S6 Premiere:

Spoiler

The look of restrained glee on Dan's face as Jonah freaks the fuck out on live national television was incredible.

Oh, and of course "He's not my father" which had me in stitches.

I would kill to have them get rid of Andrew, though, but that is seriously going to blow up in Selina's face when he gets her in deep shit. Again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Benkid Cratchit said:

Veep S6 Premiere:

Hide contents

The look of restrained glee on Dan's face as Jonah freaks the fuck out on live national television was incredible.

Oh, and of course "He's not my father" which had me in stitches.

I would kill to have them get rid of Andrew, though, but that is seriously going to blow up in Selina's face when he gets her in deep shit. Again.

Spoiler

I don't mind Andrew. He's not a terribly interesting character, but he doesn't have to be, because the whole point of him is that he's a terrific slimeball and due to their prior relationship/marriage, Selina keeps getting drawn back into his orbit, and it backfires on her. Every time. I imagine his very illegal dealings are going to be the focal point of the latter part of the season, and I can't wait to see how magnificently everything blows up.

Also, Richard being with Selina is great. Sam Richardson is A+. 

ALSO, Splettnet.net is being updated once again!

https://www.splettnet.net/a-splettcipe-you-can-make-tonight/

13 Reasons Why thoughts

I have two gripes with this show:

1. The middle episodes were a drag and to be honest a lot of the characters kinda did the same type of thing to her and it became repetitive.

2. The reveal of what Clay did in no way warranted the amount of suspense that was built up for it. The others were literally like OMG WHEN YOU FIND OUT WHAT YOU DID CLAY YOU WILL UNDERSTAND and then it's like "Oh you did nothing wrong Clay but I put you on the list anyways because I love you". That was a really fucking lame cop-out, like borderline infuriating suspense for the sake of suspense garbage.

Aside from that, decent show to binge on.

Honestly not sure if I want to watch that show or not. There's a lot of things in there that seem like it'll interest me, but at the same time a lot of the criticisms I've heard about the show seem like I'd be so pissed with myself to waste any time on something that might not depict depression and suicide with the weight it deserves. Knowing what happens, it sounds like it'll just be a revenge show at bullies in the worst way possible.

• Like 1

This next couple of weeks is going to be insane: Fargo tomorrow :w00t:, The Handmaids Tale next week, and American Gods AND Star Trek: Discovery in 2 weeks time. Bloody hell, TV.

Anyone seen Hap & Leonard? It has MKW and he's like, the best, but today was the first time I've ever heard of it.

That's my biggest issue as well. I've heard a lot of criticism from survivors and people who have struggled with mental illness that it doesn't treat it the way it should be and that it falls into that "love will cure you!" trope. It's on my list, but I may never really get around to watching it.

In unrelated news, Ian McShane says that a 2-hour Deadwood movie script has been delivered to HBO.

@Benkid Cratchit Hap & Leonard is meant to be pretty decent. It airs on Sundance in the US so it doesn't get a lot of recognition or ratings, but I've heard good things. It's based on characters created by Joe Lansdale, who has won some Bram Stoker Awards and is in the Texas Literary Hall of Fame. He also wrote for Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS in the early and mid-90s. Definitely seems like a show worth checking out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broken Cloudy said:

That's my biggest issue as well. I've heard a lot of criticism from survivors and people who have struggled with mental illness that it doesn't treat it the way it should be and that it falls into that "love will cure you!" trope. It's on my list, but I may never really get around to watching it.

In unrelated news, Ian McShane says that a 2-hour Deadwood movie script has been delivered to HBO.

@Benkid Cratchit Hap & Leonard is meant to be pretty decent. It airs on Sundance in the US so it doesn't get a lot of recognition or ratings, but I've heard good things. It's based on characters created by Joe Lansdale, who has won some Bram Stoker Awards and is in the Texas Literary Hall of Fame. He also wrote for Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS in the early and mid-90s. Definitely seems like a show worth checking out.

Well, I have the first episode ready to watch tonight if I choose so. I also have like 4 other shows to watch tonight, though.

Yay, sleeping at 3am again just to try and watch every damn thing :/