General Television Thread

Hellfire

I want to talk about another FX comedy because holy shit is Dave a pleasant surprise. I was cautiously optimistic before it came out but it's been really great. 

Edited by livid

10 hours ago, Monkey D. Lars said:

So Twin Peaks is a must watch?

Yep! 

Only reason I didn't watch The Return a few years back was I was trying to do a re-watch with a pal who it was a first viewing for and we ran out of time.

Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV of all time for me. Season 3 feels on track to better it, although they're impossible to compare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owen said:

Middleditch & Schwartz is on Netflix and it's 3 fifty minute long on-stage improv episodes and it's absolutely hilarious and I love it.

Parking Lot Wedding is my favorite.

OOPSIE DOOPSIE.

• Like 3

Just now, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Parking Lot Wedding is my favorite.

OOPSIE DOOPSIE.

I'm about 10 minutes into Dream Job, but Parking Lot Wedding is SO great it'd be difficult to beat it for sure.

1 minute ago, Owen said:

I'm about 10 minutes into Dream Job, but Parking Lot Wedding is SO great it'd be difficult to beat it for sure.

Spoiler

The minister being the ghost of the guy Dave shot was hilarious. As was them working Batman's backstory into the wedding.

Also, the 5-10 minutes spent chatting with the audience in that one was so good too. "Are you the best man?" "Well, we don't kn -- " "No." "Are you just finding this out?"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:
  Hide contents

The minister being the ghost of the guy Dave shot was hilarious. As was them working Batman's backstory into the wedding.

Also, the 5-10 minutes spent chatting with the audience in that one was so good too. "Are you the best man?" "Well, we don't kn -- " "No." "Are you just finding this out?"

Spoiler

OHHHHHHHH! That was a Batman reference? I had NO idea what that was a reference to! That was the stuff with the clown mask and the shooting, right?

1 minute ago, Owen said:
  Hide contents

OHHHHHHHH! That was a Batman reference? I had NO idea what that was a reference to! That was the stuff with the clown mask and the shooting, right?

Spoiler

Yeah, Martha and Thomas take Bruce to either see the opera, a movie, or whatever depending on who's writing the backstory, and then someone attempts to rob them and in the ensuing struggle Thomas tries to take the robber's gun but he and Martha get killed. When she falls, her pearls shatter and go all over the ground. That's why the pearls were a big detail in the improv sketch too.

• Thanks 1

I watched all of it last night. It was tremendous. Some spoiler thoughts below.

Spoiler

I think the episodes got progressively less funny, but every episode was still funny. Makes sense too since you want the strongest episode to pull people in. I just thought Parking Lot Wedding was the most well done. 

• Like 1

ve1czp7vokv41.jpg

• Like 2