General Television Thread

Hellfire

1 hour ago, Monkey D. Lars said:

Started watching Bosch last week, I liked it! Nothing special so far, but I like the cast a lot!

Bosch is a very good show, just finished the latest season. Titus Welliver 👍

Just finished Season 2 of After Life and I really liked it, one of my favorite things Ricky Gervais has done. 

Edited by punky
  • Like 1

I'm gonna see if I can plot this out before I watch it.

All That-Amanda Bynes

The Amanda Show-Drake Bell

Drake and Josh-Miranda Cosgrove

iCarly-Jennete Mccurdy

Sam and Cat-Jennete Mccurdy

And on the other side

All That-Jamie Lynn Spears

Zoey101-Victoria Justice

Victorious-Ariana Grande

Sam and Cat-Ariana Grande

I feel like there might be an easier way to get to Jennete Mccurdy from All That than I know.

Edit:Oh wow, they didn't even go both ways and took the longer one. I also completely forgot I could get from Drake and Josh to iCarly with Jerry Trainor instead of Miranda.

On 02/05/2020 at 17:42, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Has anyone watched Run? Phoebe Waller-Bridge is an EP on the show. Stars Domhnall Gleeson and Merritt Weaver. I keep thinking about watching it, but haven't started it yet. Wondering if anyone has any opinions on it?

Just done the first episode - it's fine. I tend not to try too hard to judge on a pilot, but other than being a big Domhnall Gleeson fan, there wasn't too much standing out. Will stick with it and hope it finds its feet. 

• Like 1

Upload on Amazon was really freaking good - awesome combo of campy, quirky fun + philosophical/moral issues + intrigue and suspense

I know it has its own thread, but I'm scared of spoilers. Both watching El Camino and hearing people speak so highly of the most recent season made me wanted to pick up Better Call Saul again. I'd watched the first season and really enjoyed it, but it was just one of those things I incidentally stopped watching. I just binged the second season and I'm gutted I'd waited this long because it's just great. It's got so much of what I love about good TV; engaging characters, great pacing and its absolute focus on character moments. So glad I've picked it back up. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

Better Call Saul is my favourite show on at the moment and in my opinion, with only the odd dip, it just keeps getting better and better as it goes on.

Kinda intrigued, what's the dip? 

It might be the fact that I have a bit of a potentially unfair tendency to retrospectively not hold Breaking Bad to the highest degree, but I definitely feel like Better Call Saul is on par to be my preferred show. There's just something about its committment to its characters that I love. 

If I didn't have so much that I wanted to watch, I'd be interested in doing a re-watch of Breaking Bad. I loved it when I was binging it at 18, but I definitely didn't love the final two series all that much. And I don't hold it up to The Wire, Sopranos etc. I don't really know why. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Kinda intrigued, what's the dip? 

It might be the fact that I have a bit of a potentially unfair tendency to retrospectively not hold Breaking Bad to the highest degree, but I definitely feel like Better Call Saul is on par to be my preferred show. There's just something about its committment to its characters that I love. 

If I didn't have so much that I wanted to watch, I'd be interested in doing a re-watch of Breaking Bad. I loved it when I was binging it at 18, but I definitely didn't love the final two series all that much. And I don't hold it up to The Wire, Sopranos etc. I don't really know why. 

I felt Season 4 of Saul was a little too slow in places, others may disagree. I may even feel differently on a rewatch. This latest season was phenomenal and so was season 3, they're neck-and-neck for my favourite overall.

Agree with you on Breaking Bad too. The split Season 5 was the only one I didn't binge watch on first viewing due to it being brand new at the time, and on a rewatch I struggled to get through that last stretch. In fact I'm not sure I did finish the last few episodes.

14 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The wife and I watched all of Hollywood today on Netflix, and it was pretty darned good.

Really enjoyed it. The very definition of dreamland, eh? 

7 minutes ago, Monkey D. Lars said:

Finished the Last Dance today, epic stuff. Very well made. 

Just fantastic. Gave me goosebumps so many times. 

• Like 1