General Television Thread

Hellfire

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/07/08/naya-rivera-missing-lake-piru-4-year-old-son-safe/amp/

Naya Rivera has been presumed dead after her 4 year old son was found alone in a boat after they had gone swimming in a lake. Sad news.

RIP Naya

• Sad 1

Search Party season 3 was mostly really good. Cassidy Diamond will make my shortlist for Best New Character this year for sure, and the big Elliott reveal could and maybe should have been bad but because of everything they'd established with him it's so fucking ridiculous that it works. The one thing that doesn't work for me

Spoiler

Is the obsessed fan/stalker subplot, though, so the fact that that appears to be the core plot of season 4 is a bummer.

We've just finished S5 of Parks and Rec and I'm getting upset that there's only about 30ish episodes left to watch. :(

Genuinely one of the best sitcoms I've ever seen. It might have even overtaken Seinfeld for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Gamespot did an interview with the creators of the TMNT live show "Coming Out Of Our Shells"

That would be a great name for a Ninja Turtles Movie where they all come out as gay.

Actually, hang on. I'm gonna write a children's book with that premise.

• Like 1

Naya was a brilliant singer and actress, after a certain point my investment in Santana Lopez was one of the only reasons I was even still watching Glee. Just a really awful story.

(This also happens to be seven years to the day that Cory Monteith died, which is a sad coincidence.)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Naya was a brilliant singer and actress, after a certain point my investment in Santana Lopez was one of the only reasons I was even still watching Glee. Just a really awful story.

(This also happens to be seven years to the day that Cory Monteith died, which is a sad coincidence.)

Ditto. Once Cory passed away I stopped watching the show. Picked it up again last year and finished it, and she was basically my main motivation to carry on along with the ever-delightful Darren Criss.

41 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Cory's death was by suicide, wasn't it?

It was ruled an accidental fatal overdose of heroin and alcohol, I don't believe it was an intentional suicide.

Either way, very sad as are the things that have happened to a number of Glee's stars.

ABC has effectively killed Dancing With The Stars, by firing Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. The bullet to the heart? Making Tyra Banks the new host AND an executive producer. Tyra was not a good fit on America's Got Talent, and I don't think she'll be a good fit for DWTS. With my favorite pro, Sharna, not getting to come back last season and defend her title (she won with Bobby Bomes the previous season), and a Bachelorette contestant winning, I was less than thrilled already. A lot of people on Facebook and elsewhere are already saying they're done with the show with Tom being gone. ABC just said they decided to go in a different creative direction, but its suspected they canned Tom over his criticism of Sean Spicer being a contestant. And Spicer did last a lot longer than he should have. He should have been the second elimination. If anything, they should have fired Carrie Ann Inaba. She's always biased as a judge.

Nick Cannon has been fired by CBSViacom (meaning Wild N' Out is done, since they own MTV) for comments he made on a podcast that came off as anti-semetic to some people. Those comments could have been taken out of context. BUT...he did praise Louis Farrakhan. Anyoe who praises Farrakhan can got straight up go fuck themselves.

Probably won't happen, but if FOX cans Nick, I could easily see Tom as his replacement. He did get a lot of love from the audience when he was unmasked last season, and he is a well-respected host. Which makes me wonder what the Hell ABC is thinking. Tyra is polarizing. I think she's great as a talk show host and on America's Next Top Model, but not so much when it comes to variety type shows.

I May Destroy You is one of the greatest bits of television I've ever seen. Heart-breaking, challenging, full of compassion. In terms of art, I think phrases like "urgent" and "important" get overused, but this is truly one of the most urgent, important things I've ever seen. 

Edited by Jimmy

FOX isn't going to fire Nick Cannon from the MASKED SINGER. Because of course we all know the people running FOX just love racism. Wonder if any of them are aware that some of his comnments included calling Europeans "savages", and he made it clear he meant white people?

Edited by GhostMachine
"the" only has two e's if you're referring to Megan Thee Stallion or a certain strip club chain.

Watched Cursed over the last few days.

Its a re-imagining of Arthurian legend, from the perspective of the Fey (fairy) woman who eventually becomes the Lady In The Lake.  

Its...ok.  I have some issues I'd talk about more if it wasn't so late here