UFC News and Discussion Thread

Great to see another Rousey win. Just dominant.

She still looks like a buff Joss Stone though

I liked your post and meant to quote it. Why are you still posting :angry: Ronda is lovely!

Also, Struve has never been good so I'm not sure you can put it on the amount of fights he's had. He reminds me of one of those people who has all the advantages in the world but is too lazy to actually use them. He barely holds his hands up to block a punch.

One thing that surprised the hell out of me was how old Damien Maia is. I didn't realize how old he was but man his Jujitsu is crazy good. He's not even as boring as he used to be which to me seems to mean he's getting better as he gets older which is a little scary. I don't think he'll ever be a champion because a lot of the higher level guys don't play his game but the way he mounted Magny each time last night seemed so slick. It was pretty fun just watching him work.

Edited by They Call Me Fork

Ronda Rousey ain't nothin' to fuck with.

She's amazing. I love her, and I love how she keeps proving her haters wrong.

I really want her to fight Cyborg, because the people clinging to the fact Cyborg would beat her are next to be proven wrong.

Oh, I think Rousey vs. Cyborg would be a good fight.

Might even last 2 whole minutes before Rousey's arm gets raised!

Great to see another Rousey win. Just dominant.

She still looks like a buff Joss Stone though

I liked your post and meant to quote it. Why are you still posting :angry: Ronda is lovely!

Also, Struve has never been good so I'm not sure you can put it on the amount of fights he's had. He reminds me of one of those people who has all the advantages in the world but is too lazy to actually use them. He barely holds his hands up to block a punch.

One thing that surprised the hell out of me was how old Damien Maia is. I didn't realize how old he was but man his Jujitsu is crazy good. He's not even as boring as he used to be which to me seems to mean he's getting better as he gets older which is a little scary. I don't think he'll ever be a champion because a lot of the higher level guys don't play his game but the way he mounted Magny each time last night seemed so slick. It was pretty fun just watching him work.

Lovely or not. I still expect her to break into "You Had Me" every time I see her :P

That'll sell out Cowboys Stadium, until someone withdraws with injury of course.

I didn't bother watching last night, I knew Rousey would win quick and it wasn't worth watching just to see the inevitable.

Hmmm I may have to try to go to that, surely they can't charge ridiculous prices for nosebleeds in a stadium

Also, Struve has never been good so

I'm not sure you can put it on the amount of fights he's had

. He reminds me of one of those people who has all the advantages in the world but is too lazy to actually use them. He barely holds his hands up to block a punch.

His UFC debut was 3 days after his 21st birthday.

It was his 19th pro fight.

. He reminds me of one of those people who has all the advantages in the world but is too lazy to actually use them. He barely holds his hands up to block a punch.

Until that point he'd only had one knock out loss, which just happened to be his second pro fight. I mean I could buy that he's probably worse for wear now, but I don't think I've ever seen him in a fight where he looked like he was putting in effort.

Until that point he'd only had one knock out loss, which just happened to be his second pro fight. I mean I could buy that he's probably worse for wear now, but I don't think I've ever seen him in a fight where he looked like he was putting in effort.

Only one knockout or not, 19 fights means a ton of damage to your body already. Add to the fact that he never really went to a world class MMA gym and was contented to train in Holland, mostly just doing kickboxing, it's no wonder he hasn't evolved. He doesn't even have good Dutch-style kickboxing :/ 

Big Nog has retired, according to Dana, by the way. What a shit fight for one of the most exciting fighters to retire to, I remember when he won the belt in 2008 it was like my favourite moment as an MMA fan at the time. But at least he didn't get brutally knocked out in his last fight, like every other legend.

And fuck Palhares, Shields looks like he had someone pour vinegar in his eyes or something. I do like that he wants to fight Paulie in the streets, as if he doesn't know a couple of guys who love doing that.

Also, Mark Hunt broke Struve's jaw (and who knows what else with those sledgehammers), and the same goes to when he fought Travis Browne and got his face caved in too.

I want to support Struve due to him being Dutch and all, but he really is the most average fighter in the division despite having the physical gifts to be devastating. He has a huge reach and could kick people from the other side of the octagon, yet everytime he just lumbers around and lets strong guys get inside to smash him in the face, and his striking defense is shocking.

That'll sell out Cowboys Stadium, until someone withdraws with injury of course.

I didn't bother watching last night, I knew Rousey would win quick and it wasn't worth watching just to see the inevitable.

Hmmm I may have to try to go to that, surely they can't charge ridiculous prices for nosebleeds in a stadium

When we had a Jones-Teixiera in Baltimore the tickets were no more than a WWE PPV.  And our arena is tiny.