UFC News and Discussion Thread

On 12/11/2018 at 13:31, Colly said:

I saw it this morning, did I hear right that one of the commentators said it was the second latest stoppage? Who was later than that?!? 

I remember a few months ago, Paul Craig took a beating for the whole fight then snuck a sub and his opponent tapped at 4:59 of Round 3, guy was a bit like KZ in that he wouldve won had he lasted a second later, difference is he just tapped while KZ was obviously out

• 2 weeks later...

Saw on the PS4 Store an event for  Liddell-Ortiz and thought they were selling old UFC shows. Clicked on it and nope, it's happening this weekend for some other promotion. How the fuck has this been allowed?! Last time I heard Chuck talk he sounded like half his brain was mashed potatoes.

On 23/11/2018 at 01:14, =BK= said:

Saw on the PS4 Store an event for  Liddell-Ortiz and thought they were selling old UFC shows. Clicked on it and nope, it's happening this weekend for some other promotion. How the fuck has this been allowed?! Last time I heard Chuck talk he sounded like half his brain was mashed potatoes.

Well, combat sport promoters aren't known for caring for their fighters' safety when there's a bit of money to be made.

On 23/11/2018 at 01:14, =BK= said:

Last time I heard Chuck talk he sounded like half his brain was mashed potatoes. 

Last time I heard Chuck talk he said he wanted to fight Jon Jones.

Just watched the fight.

Spoiler

Jesus. Chuck was so slow and looked scared to do anything. Tito just wrecked him like he was nothing. Chuck had no chance this time.

I hope this promotion doesn't try to book Ortiz vs Shamrock now since this trip to the past probably got them some money. I really don't want Tito smashing my two favorite fighters in a row when they're past their prime.

On 25/11/2018 at 14:45, =BK= said:

Just watched the fight.

Hide contents

Jesus. Chuck was so slow and looked scared to do anything. Tito just wrecked him like he was nothing. Chuck had no chance this time.

I hope this promotion doesn't try to book Ortiz vs Shamrock now since this trip to the past probably got them some money. I really don't want Tito smashing my two favorite fighters in a row when they're past their prime.

Spoiler

I thought Ken had finally retired? It was honestly sad seeing him fight the last few times. Early/mid 2000's Shamrock was past his prime but even that Shamrock would eat current Ken alive.

TUF finale main event spoilers

Spoiler

Kamaru Usman absolutely wrecked Dos Anjos for five rounds, outlanding him something like 3-1 in strikes, double significant strikes and landing 12 takedowns.

One judge had it 50-43 Usman and another had it 48-47 Usman. The fuck?

15 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Without clicking the link, is this because of Greg Hardy?

Yes. He's been put on the same card as Rachael Ostovich, who was a victim of domestic violence just last month. 

Edited by Toe