UFC News and Discussion Thread

I hate Bisping so much. That night he got the hammer dropped on him was one of the most glorious nights in UFC history

That's the point, he's said himself he loves being despised.

I hate Bisping so much. That night he got the hammer dropped on him was one of the most glorious nights in UFC history

I just find it funny that the US get behind fighters that are arrogant and cocky, yet his main issue seems to be that he is from the UK, yet also being arrogant and cocky.

I just find it funny that the US get behind fighters that are arrogant and cocky, yet his main issue seems to be that he is from the UK, yet also being arrogant and cocky.

Yeah I kind of see your point. I dont exactly go for the overly cocky fighters myself. One of my all time faves is Matt Hughes. Although I like Forrest too and he is kind of cocky and I do kinda like Mayhem too. Maybe it is the UK thing :P

Yeah I kind of see your point. I dont exactly go for the overly cocky fighters myself. One of my all time faves is Matt Hughes. Although I like Forrest too and he is kind of cocky and I do kinda like Mayhem too. Maybe it is the UK thing :P

To me, Matt Hughes is easily dislikeable. Whilst quiet enough at times, when he speaks, he is arrogant and cocky, and just irritates me.

Different strokes and that.

• Like 1

I did see that side a bit when I was watching his DVD. Still better than Bisping though :lol:

I both adore and hate Matt Hughes.

We went 24-0 during a WMMA2 game. This is why I adore him.

He beat everyone. Twice. This is why I hate him.

Exactly he's a twat that is why I like him as a fighter. Same as Nick Diaz flipping off the crowd and being an all round nobhead therefore I like him as a fighter.

I'm also liking this matchup a lot (Bisping - Maia). Lots of people claim Maia has weak wrestling and will never be able to take Bisping down. I strongly disagree. Those people need to rewatch Maia vs Sonnen (probably Maia's best fight) where he took Sonnen (probably a better wrestler then Bisping) down pretty easily, allthough Sonnen wanted to avoid this as much as possible because Maia was coming of several submission of the night awards...

If Maia can take Sonnen down... he can take Bisping down. If he does, he may/can submit him.

Standupwise Bisping has the advantage but I don't think he has the tools to knock this Maia out. Since the fight with Marquardt Maia's standup has improved significantly and Bisping is not the striker Marquardt is. Also... the guy survived A.Silva for 5 rounds (not that the Spider was going for the KO but he wasn't against Okami either... and then he knocked him out).

It's going to be a very important evening for the UFC middleweight division!