UFC News and Discussion Thread

Well... in other UFC news (everyone probably heard allready) UFC on Fox 2 will see the debut of the flyweight division in a 4-man tournament with UFC vets Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson and newcomers McCall and Urushitani. With the added FOX/Fuel/... cards for 2012, I guess the UFC can definetely support another division. I'm a bit scared about the depth of the bantamweight division though (or the lack of it...). Losing Benavidez, Johnson and probably Mizugaki & some others too will be significant. I guess the biggest winners here are the fighters from the last TUF. Their job security just took a jump, especially for the bantams...

UFC on FX 2 actually. (Y)

Does that mean that it won't be on ppv in the UK?

Guest mr. potato head

If Brock loses that fight, it's because the diverculitis has finally taken its toll. The Lesnar we've seen from his UFC debut through to the Velasquez fight beats Overeem nine times out of 10.

MEANWHILE IN THAILAND...

Dec 13, 2011 - Junie Allen Browning is in hot water once again.

According to reports from Phuketwan.com, a city-wide manhunt is underway in Phunket, Thailand after the former ‘The Ultimate Fighter 8' contestant engaged in a series of brawls over the weekend before escaping authorities at a local hospital.

Browning was initially seen fighting with an expat woman in a late-night bar in Patak Road Karon, according to reports. The tussle allegedly spread as several female members of the Thai staff attempted to intervene. Four additional American and Australian tourists then joined the fracas, before all participants were transferred to nearby Patong Hospital.

According to police reports, an enraged Browning immediately restarted the brawl inside the hospital walls, only to flee into the night once local authorities were called. The 26-year-old has not been seen since the incident, but did recap his side of the story on his Facebook page.

"Wow what a helluva weekend," Browning wrote (via MMA Weekly). "Some (expletive) named Sie Menzies and about 10 of his friends started a fight with me. I guess just to test a ‘UFC fighter guy' at his (expletive) little bar in Karon Thailand. Had a beer bottle and glass mug shattered on my head, then to make everything better, stabbed severely by some crazy Thai (expletive).

"On a positive note, I managed to break a few orbital bones, at least a couple jaws, and some unconscious bodies laying on the ground before I blacked out from loss of blood and apparently had to be resuscitated in the ambulance. So, how was your weekend?"

Per the police report, the four others involved in the brawl have been identified "as Younis Essamelain, 27, Gear Smits, 68, Simon Wilson Menzies, 32, and Castro Mury, 32."

Local authorities are monitoring the Phuket International Airport in an effort to prevent Browning from leaving the country.

Browning (4-5) has been a turbulent force since debuting with the UFC on TUF 8. The fighter displayed severe alcoholism and anger issues throughout the show's season, and was arrested in 2009 after ingesting 16 pills of anti-anxiety drug Klonopin -- in an apparent suicide attempt -- before erupting inside of a local hospital, pushing a female nurse, punching a male nurse and kicking another male nurse.

Browning was immediately released from the UFC following the incident, and has compiled a 1-4 record since.

The finale is gonna be aired live in the US, I'm sure there's someone out there crafty enough to subtitle it before putting it up for torrent. Plus, I understand (not speak, understand) mediocre portuguese.. and besides that, it will lead to a Vitor vs Wanderlei fight.. so FUCK YEAH

The finale is gonna be aired live in the US, I'm sure there's someone out there crafty enough to subtitle it before putting it up for torrent. Plus, I understand (not speak, understand) mediocre portuguese.. and besides that, it will lead to a Vitor vs Wanderlei fight.. so FUCK YEAH

Plus you know, this whole season of fights, was never really interested in the reality part of the show, always there for the free fight at the end of the night and with it being Brazil, I expect some fuckin' bangers and to add Wandy and Vitor on top of it.. FUCK YEAH!

Guest mr. potato head

Strikeforce to be revamped in 2012 including losing its heavyweight division. Dana says it's because they didn't the depth at heavyweight. Which is odd as they had more depth at heavyweight than at any other weight. It's more like UFC needed the depth.

Strikeforce to be revamped in 2012 including losing its heavyweight division. Dana says it's because they didn't the depth at heavyweight. Which is odd as they had more depth at heavyweight than at any other weight. It's more like UFC needed the depth.

I don't think Dana is saying that Strikeforce doesn't have a deep heavy division... just that the MMA heavyweight division isn't that deep. So only one promotion (in this case UFC) should feature it.

It's the right thing in my opinion btw. UFC can use some extra heavyweights and this will also help focus Strikeforce cards on the better fighters from the other divisions (and the women). I wouldn't mind seeing other Grand Prix's too...

I'm curious btw to see if any other 'failed UFC fighters' will be included in Strikeforce (Jardine, Soukoudjou,...).

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar could be in some hot water as the result of a hunting trip to the Great White North last year.

According to a report filed Thursday by the Edmonton Journal, the hulking heavyweight has been charged with illegal hunting practices stemming from a November 2010 visit to southeastern Alberta.

Along with his guide, Lesnar has reportedly been charged by the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Offices with three counts of unlawful possession of a wildlife (a whitetail deer), wastage of edible flesh (of a mule deer) and failure to immediately affix a tag to an animal.

Lesnar was reportedly supposed to appear in a Medicine Hat, Alberta court today to address the charges, but the proceedings were adjourned until Jan. 19.

Authorities were reportedly led to Lesnar after the inspection of a taxidermist in Lethbridge, a city roughly two hours west of Medicine Hat.

“A whitetail deer was found in the possession of the taxidermist and was not tagged, and as a result of that, an investigation ensued,” said Sustainable Resource Development spokesman Darcy Whiteside in the report. “It is the responsibility of both the hunter and the guide to follow the regulations as it relates to hunting.”

The offenses reportedly carry with them a maximum penalty of $50,000 and one year in prison per count.