World Cup 2010 Thread

Well his natural position is left wing. But Morten Olsen (danish coach) fucked up, when he picked Simon Poulsen and Patrick Mtiliga for the left back. He should have picked the obvious choice in Michael Jakobsen from Aalborg. Denmark played well in the defense, but didn't create anything in the offense. But boy, the danish players was tired after 70-75 mins. We just have to win over Cameroon and Japan.

I think Holland should start with Elia in the next game in VDV's place.

Fit or not, they won't need Robben so they should keep him for the last 16 round, unless they go into the Cameroon game desperately needing something.

Agreed, we lacked depth and Elia brought that because he's a real winger. Holland dominated from that moment on. Was just a really difficult match for Holland because Denmark was very defensive which is their specialty. Would be best to just start with Elia next time against Japan, spare Robben until we REALLY need him.

I like that we didn't win with 4-0 or something. No hype this time, perhaps for the better because we always fail in the knock-out stage when we get hyped.

The Denmark own goal was not the guys fault, he didn't head it towards goal, it deflected off of Agger's back.

Elia is brilliant, that's all

And looking at Holland's potential last 16 opponents should they win the group, there's a chance Robben won't start until the Quarter's, because if Italy win theirs as expected, it'll be either Paraguay, New Zealand or Slovakia for the Dutch.

We all want to see the best players play, but I'd rather see Robben in the Quarter's onwards than to see him injured and put out of the tournament altogether in a game that Holland would've probably won, regardless of whether or not he was playing.

Honestly, I thought we did pretty well until Elia came in. We controlled the first half as far I heard (didn't see it), and we did pretty well for ourselves a portion into the second half, even though Simon Poulsen had that amazingly unlucky self goal. Holland just decided to use their good defensive side, wait till we tired ourselves out and then strike.

Good thing Simon Poulsen made up for it with that beautiful save, making sure it didn't go to 3-0. Fucking lucky Dutchmen.

:shifty:

Well i am currently rooting for the dutch side and i would hate to see Robben wreck his leg by playing to early.

But after today i know who can fill the spot on the wing for the time being... And his name is not Van der Vaart...

Van der Vaart was drifting into the midfield way to many times. I can't count the times Sneijder had to go to the wing to cover for VDV's shenanigans.

Elia on the other hand immediatly jumped into a huge rhytm and he really changed the game from the moment he stepped onto the pitch.

So if Van Marwijk rests Robben for a extra match i say play Elia and keep VDV on the bench.

I thought Denmark edged the first half. They didn't have much possession, but created a couple of good chances when they did have it. For the Dutch, the first half was all about Sneijder's insistence to try 50 yard screamers. :shifty:

Then Gary Linekar delivers the strangely suspicious "He's impossible subdue, a bit like you last night Alan" what were Gary and Alan Shearer up to :shifty: