World Cup 2010 Thread

Aside from the 2005 and 2007 Champions League finals, this is the most nervous I can remember feeling about a game.

It's not quite hit me yet fully. I was more nervous for the 2004 and 2006 clashes with Portugal, if we are just taking England games.

:lol:

You weren't even the better team. And what's this bullshit of Ghana having two shots on goal? They had six, the same amount as the USA. They then had eight off target, one more than the USA. That means they had more shots than the USA, fucking hell, it's not rocket science. Not to mention that any chances USA had, bar the goal, they completely fluffed. You never were the better team. Ghana worked their socks off, scored two pretty damn good goals and completely deserved to advance. And as for the time wasting stuff, USA never really had a lead in this World Cup long enough to show whether or not they'd do a bit of it. Guess there's always 2014 (Y)

We had possession in both halves, 20 total shots to their 16 (6 on for both), and more corners. We built up play in our attacking end throughout the match and created actual chances. Ghana had two 'honest' chances. One was a tossed ball from their own end, and the other was Ricardo Clark sucking ass and KPB taking advantage. They didn't do anything but roll the ball down the flank and then either one touch it out of bounds, dribble it away, cross it to nowhere, kick it into the tenth row, or continue their reputation for not being able to finish.

they ran, and ran and ran and ran and ran .... that's it. They had no consistent build up and didn't pressure the goal in a ................ oooooh wait, this is JP <_< nevermind. Quit being bitter because Italy fucking blew absolute ass ..... oh wait, you're supporting England now, that's right. :rolleyes: I hope the Krauts bend England over today for a number of reasons.

This WC did present our glaring issue though. Yes, we need another striker .... which we have, he just wasn't there. Davies would have made one hell of a difference in this WC. I honestly feel we'd be in the Quarters (given the rest of our performance in the cup) had he been there. He and Jozy play very well together. Davies can do the footwork that Jozy can't. Jozy can be the target man and Davies is the 'working' striker. That leaves Clint and Landon open to either slide into position, or make plays from the wing. That also keeps us from having to cover a spot in the midfield because we aren't having to use Landon or Clint (or a waste of fucking space like Findley) to cover a spot up top. That also allows Cherundolo and Boca and Bornstein to stay the fuck back and actually place defence down our flanks instead of pushing forward and making jackass runs up the pitch.

:lol:

You weren't even the better team. And what's this bullshit of Ghana having two shots on goal? They had six, the same amount as the USA. They then had eight off target, one more than the USA. That means they had more shots than the USA, fucking hell, it's not rocket science. Not to mention that any chances USA had, bar the goal, they completely fluffed. You never were the better team. Ghana worked their socks off, scored two pretty damn good goals and completely deserved to advance. And as for the time wasting stuff, USA never really had a lead in this World Cup long enough to show whether or not they'd do a bit of it. Guess there's always 2014 (Y)

We had possession in both halves, 20 total shots to their 16 (6 on for both), and more corners. We built up play in our attacking end throughout the match and created actual chances. Ghana had two 'honest' chances. One was a tossed ball from their own end, and the other was Ricardo Clark sucking ass and KPB taking advantage. They didn't do anything but roll the ball down the flank and then either one touch it out of bounds, dribble it away, cross it to nowhere, kick it into the tenth row, or continue their reputation for not being able to finish.

they ran, and ran and ran and ran and ran .... that's it. They had no consistent build up and didn't pressure the goal in a ................ oooooh wait, this is JP <_< nevermind. Quit being bitter because Italy fucking blew absolute ass ..... oh wait, you're supporting England now, that's right. :rolleyes: I hope the Krauts bend England over today for a number of reasons.

This WC did present our glaring issue though. Yes, we need another striker .... which we have, he just wasn't there. Davies would have made one hell of a difference in this WC. I honestly feel we'd be in the Quarters (given the rest of our performance in the cup) had he been there. He and Jozy play very well together. Davies can do the footwork that Jozy can't. Jozy can be the target man and Davies is the 'working' striker. That leaves Clint and Landon open to either slide into position, or make plays from the wing. That also keeps us from having to cover a spot in the midfield because we aren't having to use Landon or Clint (or a waste of fucking space like Findley) to cover a spot up top. That also allows Cherundolo and Boca and Bornstein to stay the fuck back and actually place defence down our flanks instead of pushing forward and making jackass runs up the pitch.

Stopped reading halfway through because you're sounding like a right moron to be quite honest. For the record, I've supported England from day one. I'm English, not Italian. I rooted Italy on and wanted them to do well, a second team I have a big like for, where's the problem in that?

You sound like Landon Donovan actually, a cocky and bitter person. Your stats are way wrong and it seems your opinions on certain games are too. You can go on about me liking Italy or shit that I've said, none of that will change how wrong you actually are. Nobody is knocking USA, they did well, but they lost to Ghana, the deserving team. USA are out and rightfully so. You need to research your stats better (and let's not forget, stats don't speak for the entire game) and take off the rose tinted glasses. Ghana worked their asses off and whether you bring up all the excuses in the world, the two goals they scored were still very good. Stop being bitter and give them some credit.

• Like 2

Quit crying, America are out and Ghana aren't. Don't turn this into another big arguement over nothing.

Save it for tonight when England get bumfucked by the nazis. GOOOOOOO GERMANY

• Like 4

You sound like Landon Donovan actually, a cocky and bitter person. Your stats are way wrong and it seems your opinions on certain games are too. You can go on about me liking Italy or shit that I've said, none of that will change how wrong you actually are. Nobody is knocking USA, they did well, but they lost to Ghana, the deserving team. USA are out and rightfully so. You need to research your stats better (and let's not forget, stats don't speak for the entire game) and take off the rose tinted glasses. Ghana worked their asses off and whether you bring up all the excuses in the world, the two goals they scored were still very good. Stop being bitter and give them some credit.

LOL ... FIFA.com Match Stats ... or, how wrong I'm not with my stats

I did give Ghana credit, for putting in those two chances. I said it more than once. How's about you concentrate on what team you'll be pulling for when England gets bounced ... k ?

Anyway, moving on -

As much as this Eng/Germ match is going to be fantastic ... I'm actually looking forward to Mexico/Argentina more. I think that the Mexican attack can really test the Argentine defense (or lack there of). It should be a wide open match and wouldn't be surprised to see a slew of goals. I'm guessing that Messi will finally get in the books for a goal, but I also see the Mexicans finally being able to make good on a couple of the wonderful chances they've been creating.

At the end of the day, if you don't finish your chances and score, you don't deserve to win, no matter how good you play rest of the match.

• Like 1