The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Is that all? I thought there was more to it.

So people think it's immature when another show does a penis joke, but once Community does it, it's hilarious? Don't get me wrong, I love Community and it stands as my favorite show on TV at the moment, but really?

Well, the whole joke is a reference to a previous episode when the study group's flag design won. They intentionally made the flag's symbol look like an anus.

I don't think it's so much the actual joke as it is the reference.

Well, the whole joke is a reference to a previous episode when the study group's flag design won. They intentionally made the flag's symbol look like an anus.

I don't think it's so much the actual joke as it is the reference.

Don't remember the flag design from the earlier episode, but that does make it a bit better. Thought it was just a simple "LOL buildings shaped like a penis" joke, but nevertheless, just ignore my previous post then.

Really liked The Office finale. I knew they weren't going to actually name a new manager, which still felt like a bit of a cop-out given the way the episode was advertised.

Spader's character was brilliant. Couldn't see him as the manager or anything but I'd be all for making him a recurring character. Glad Creed got an episode as manager, one of my favorite characters on the show. Hope Gabe is still a regular next year, he's gotten increasingly funnier as he's become more and more of a douchebag.

"There used to be a paperclip guy who would help with letters or resumes. Where is he? I think his name was.....Clippy."

• Like 1

Really liked The Office finale. I knew they weren't going to actually name a new manager, which still felt like a bit of a cop-out given the way the episode was advertised.

Spader's character was brilliant. Couldn't see him as the manager or anything but I'd be all for making him a recurring character. Glad Creed got an episode as manager, one of my favorite characters on the show. Hope Gabe is still a regular next year, he's gotten increasingly funnier as he's become more and more of a douchebag.

"There used to be a paperclip guy who would help with letters or resumes. Where is he? I think his name was.....Clippy."

I was really hoping that Andy was going to get a shot at becoming manager before watching this episode and I didn't really expect what we got in that. Now I have my hopes up that he might end up becoming manager. It seems like they have been building up his character too much not to give it to him.

I gotta thank you guys for getting me into Community, week in week out the best show on TV, just looked at the ratings and got a bit of worry at how they;ve been falling consistently all season, I guess America doesn't get good character driven sitcoms, just got the better half into it and she loves it, but I can;t say anything that hasn;t already been said better about the show, now to get a new external hard drive and get into P&R, you guys haven;t steered me wrong yet.

The face of the janitor while Abed was talking to him in the finale credits scene was priceless, the better half shot beer through her nose after the ".. I'm working my way there.." line.

If Danny Pudi isn't the next Johnny Depp [in the sense of taking anything and making it awesome] then it will be a great injustice in cinema, this guy is something else.

I read on huffingtonpost.com that the producers were really into having Catherine Tate be the permanent replacement.

At first I was super excited as I loved her on Doctor Who and watching some clips of her show really gave me some confidence going into tonight's finale. However, after seeing her on, I don't think I could really get into it. I'm not sure what it was, but I just couldn't see her in that role.

I'm also on the Andy bandwagon, his character development has been tremendous over the last season.

The past couple of weeks I thought Darryl was a shoe-in, but he appeared to shit the bed with his interview. It's possible that by the time the next season starts, he would have attended the business classes he was supposed to take. But yeah, Andy does make the most sense. Great character build. He also seems to have a shitty sales record - so moving him out of that spot and into a "people person" role would make sense from the selection committee's perspective.

Wanted to punch him in the face for turning down Erin though :(

They gotta get a big name to replace Steve Carell, bummer that they didn't do it in a big finale moment. The Office has always had great finales - the Jim and Pam kiss, the pregnancy reveal, Ryan getting the New York job, etc. I think they dropped the ball with this finale, it just fell incredibly flat despite the rest of the show being pretty funny. Jim Carey would've at least been a hilarious ending had they not given it away in every Office commercial for the last month.

Parks & Rec, as usual, was fantastic though. It's really tough to pick between that and Community for best show on TV right now, but it's definitely one of those two.

I think they dropped the ball with this finale, it just fell incredibly flat despite the rest of the show being pretty funny.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Had this been the second to last episode it would've been perfect.

I'm ultimately fine with it but maybe that's because I'm not too invested in The Office anymore. It's just a show that I watch and laugh at whereas a couple years ago it was the show I was most invested in. Parks and Rec, meanwhile, hit the ball out of the park on all of their cliffhangers. Amazing. Way better than The Office and Community's.

The cold open on Office tonight was the best, too. Creed as regional manager has lived up to all of my wildest expectations. I'm sure they'll end up going with Andy in the role. James Spader was fantastic as a batshit version of Don Draper gone to seed, though if they ended up going with him they'd basically have to keep him off to the side like they did with Creed. I liked Catherine Tate but I'm not sure how the material they gave her really translates to a viable lead character.

Guest mr. potato head

I thought The Office was good. I'd try to avoid spoilers as much as possible, even as far as just lists of celebrities who'd be on the show. Was kinda hoping for a Jack Donaghy or Tom Haverford appearance, but that would have been a bit of a stretch and probably really badly received by most.

I think Andy will wind up with the role - Ed Helms is slowly turning into a decent name - and that could be a decent direction for the show as long as they focus on the ensemble and not just Andy.

And Parks and Rec was just completely awesome.

Kind of hard to seeing as every single commercial for the episode hyped up all but two of the guest stars, and totally ruined what could have been a hilarious Jim Carrey cameo (though him turning out to be the Finger Lakes Guy was at least a decent payoff).

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah I don't pay attention to commercials, plus I really only watch NBC on Thursday nights and sometimes for SNL and sports anyhow :shifty:

James Spader is a fucking god.

Also I was happy with The Office finale in general, though I can see how the final moment may have left some wanting more.

Parks and Rec was funny as always, but TAMMY NUMBER ONE. That's the meat of the cliffhanger, right there.

Seriously, I was like "why are they bringing Tammy back out of nowhere, this seems kind of gratuitous" and then the payoff was totally worth it.