The Budweiser FA Cup

and league one? and the Championship? and the undefeated run against Premiership sides? It's called being the hardest working team in English football. Case in point yesterday, you hold a team who're looking at the title and you're slagging off your performance? That's what's done it more than anything. Add in a reliable striker and that team will be up there.

I don't think you can understate Stevenage's success due to the gap between L2 and the Conference. For one they're in the League One play-offs. Two, the difference between League One and the Conference is huge, especially the top end of L1. Stevenage have done an absolutely fantastic job, as did Yeovil to get where they did. Exeter didn't drop into the Conference for too long, and whilst the gap between League 2/Conference isn't a great deal, doesn't make it easy to get through it in your first ever year there. Few teams have done that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Stoke City will subsidise their supporters for the televised FA Cup quarter-final at Anfield this month.

The Potters have waived their right to 45% of the away ticket sales so they can offer tickets to fans at £20 - up to 6,000 fans could travel to Anfield.

Club officials made the move after deciding the £35 ticket price set by Liverpool would "put people off".

"We are aware of the difference that backing can make to our hopes," said Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes.

"Our players will get a tremendous lift when they see the entire lower tier of the Anfield Road Stand filled with 6,000 fans, helping to create a great atmosphere."

This is the third year in succession City have reached the last eight of the competition, and the club is hoping fans can give them the boost to repeat last year's appearance in the final.

"[The offer] helps our fans and, in turn, we know they will help the team by giving them fantastic support," Scholes told City's website.

"It would be wonderful to think we could get back to Wembley again and we believe this offer is a cost worth bearing to give us every chance of achieving that aim."

There goes the Stevenage clean sheet record :( Great finish by Defoe on the break, if only Ashton had put in that header though!

Tottenham looking good but Stevenage had some good chances today and could have got more on another day. Great game and can be proud of both sides.

Edited by lanky316

• 2 weeks later...

Since Lineker is I assume still searching for the right thread to post in, the game is underway at Goodison. Really willing on an Everton win today, wins for Liverpool, Leicester and Bolton would be great too but I'm not holding out too much hope of that happening :P.

I'll have to listen to the second half of this on the radio since I need to be at Doncaster vs Derby, shame this couldn't be the evening game!

EDIT: Fuck me that's a good goal. They deserve it after this start too.

Edited by AdamDRFC