The Budweiser FA Cup

City appealing the red card, which is madness really because there's no chance it's getting over turned.

An extra game ban if they fail or not?

Four matches is more than enough punishment for a card that is highly controversial anyway, adding an extra in this case would be wrongful in my opinion.

I doubt it'll be rescinded so this probably stops movement for Onuoha I imagine, with Savic and Lescott being the defensive pairing for the next four games and Onuoha sitting on the bench. Be good to see Savic get a few first team starts though, good work ethic that lad.

Three matches surely? What do you get a four match ban for?

I think the extra game for appealling is a weird subjective call. Barton didn't get an extra one, nor did Milijas and I can't remember many that have recently, might as well appeal and see what happens.

No Cleverley as well who was pretty much driving us on from the middle in the early part of the season.

I find this funny, and it reminds me of a comment in the papers the other day, about Man United fans bringing up Cleverley as if it is a massive deal that he is missing. Considering he was a bit part player for a prolonged period, and this desire to have him back stems from about three good games at the start of the season, he is just about as likely to come back and do shit as come back and set the world alight. No way can you compare his absence to some of the bigger Man United players out there.

Cleverley added something fresh and extra in the middle of the park and his absence has been missed. His partnership alongside Anderson was looking very good and the linking up play throughout the team seemed much better with him in there. Getting him back so we can have a solid and regular partnership in the centre is crucial, just as has shown in other areas such as the defence. He's been our biggest loss outside of Vidic.

I can't wait until he comes back and it turns out that he was a 3 week wonder.

He may come back and struggle, only time will tell. Can only judge him on what we've seen of him and when he was in the side we were much better in the central positions and a hell of a lot sharper.

And it's four games Colly as it's his second red.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

He's already had a red card, so he gets an extra thrown on. Unless due to them being in different competitions there's some rule I'm unaware of?

2008 season I think but Jeremie Aliadiere is actually the last name I remember who didn't get his red card rescinded and they added an extra game on due to poor conduct during the investigation or something like that.

71 - After coming on after 60 mins, Paul Scholes made 71 passes (97% complete), more than any Man City player in the entire game. Comeback.

From Opta

Half of those HAD to be when they were milking the crowd for a reaction for Scholes having the ball ¬_¬. Still, GO ON SCHOLESYYY LAAAAD SCORE US LOADS OF GOALS LIKE AND DONT GET A RED CARD FOR BEING A HOT HEADED POOR SLIDING TACKLER!

Yeahh.

Wow, besides Mata's goal everything seems a bit quiet today after the derby. Is anyone watching the Sunderland/Peteborough match? Is it worth watching the second half?

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

The keeper shoulda saved it, anyway.

That Scholes stat is fantastic. Discounting that is ridiculous. 97% passing with 71 minutes in half an hour? Brilliant.

Yeah, but how many of them were 'to me, to you' type balls, just killing the game?

Plus, the one he missed must have been the one that led to the goal, surely? :shifty: