The Budweiser FA Cup

Milner was probably my MOTM if Rooney hadn't netted 2 because he and Aguero worked their fucking arses off all match and really really impressed me. I want to disagree with Summ again (I love you really though) because I felt Scholes fucked up and Smalling didn't react very well, but Lindy was there very quickly and unlucky to hold onto it. But it got poached and City worked hard for this scoreline. A victory for both teams really, but would've been absolutely awesome if the Micah bicycle kick and then freekick had gone City's way. Pantilimon needs to work on his heading so he can be played up front if Dzeko and Balotelli aren't available.

Amazing second half after what was, for me, a very infuriating first half. Foy is very inconsistent as a referee and I would have sent Evra off personally for that second offence. Jones would've had a yellow too. But from what was billed as a match that would potentially define the premiership title race, City showed a lot more resolve here and from my view, came out as the better team.

As far United, keep Lindy in, I'm liking this guy much more than De Gea in recent weeks. Fergie will have to choose one or the other sooner, rather than later, but he's doing well at the moment. Welbeck and Rooney were good today too, good header from Wazza and an excellent finish from Welbeck - even though De Jong should have been in the path of the shot.

• Like 1

I know what you were saying, it was a fucking dumb thing to say. You still had Aguero, Richards, Silva, Nasri, Milner, etc.

Your right, but still, without Yaya Toure we seem to not play near to our best.

I'll accept defeat in this argument and the game though

I know what you were saying, it was a fucking dumb thing to say. You still had Aguero, Richards, Silva, Nasri, Milner, etc.

Your right, but still, without Yaya Toure we seem to not play near to our best.

I'll accept defeat in this argument and the game though

*You're.

And pfft, Kompany is the heart and soul of City right now. Not Yaya. And Milner played hard enough for the team to prove it can be done without him. The loss came because of a 10 man team and a loss of focus in the defence until the half time team talk. And because United were clinical enough to finish their chances in the first half.

No Cleverley as well who was pretty much driving us on from the middle in the early part of the season.

Delighted with a win, they no longer televise FA Cup matches where I live and my internets not good enough to stream so we were all huddled around listening to the game, sounds like Welbeck's goal was wonderful and I was at university/then sleeping so I had no idea Scholes had come back I agree with some here that he shouldn't have come on in such a crunch situation considering how unfit he was but I can see why Fergie went for the move, the players had no idea he had signed until they saw him in the locker room and it must have galvanized them.

Problems evident at United though and we need to sort it out, can't slip up against Bolton! FA Cup has been great this weekend.

As for the keepers Lindegaard is a decent shot stopper and has the added benefit of already being able to speak English but De Gea's distribution is great he needs to bulk up and communicate better and he's got the No.1 position nailed

Edited by The Future

No Cleverley as well who was pretty much driving us on from the middle in the early part of the season.

I find this funny, and it reminds me of a comment in the papers the other day, about Man United fans bringing up Cleverley as if it is a massive deal that he is missing. Considering he was a bit part player for a prolonged period, and this desire to have him back stems from about three good games at the start of the season, he is just about as likely to come back and do shit as come back and set the world alight. No way can you compare his absence to some of the bigger Man United players out there.

• Like 1

I find this funny, and it reminds me of a comment in the papers the other day, about Man United fans bringing up Cleverley as if it is a massive deal that he is missing. Considering he was a bit part player for a prolonged period, and this desire to have him back stems from about three good games at the start of the season, he is just about as likely to come back and do shit as come back and set the world alight. No way can you compare his absence to some of the bigger Man United players out there.

Cleverley added something fresh and extra in the middle of the park and his absence has been missed. His partnership alongside Anderson was looking very good and the linking up play throughout the team seemed much better with him in there. Getting him back so we can have a solid and regular partnership in the centre is crucial, just as has shown in other areas such as the defence. He's been our biggest loss outside of Vidic.

Cleverley added something fresh and extra in the middle of the park and his absence has been missed. His partnership alongside Anderson was looking very good and the linking up play throughout the team seemed much better with him in there. Getting him back so we can have a solid and regular partnership in the centre is crucial, just as has shown in other areas such as the defence. He's been our biggest loss outside of Vidic.

I can't wait until he comes back and it turns out that he was a 3 week wonder.

....as I thought, having checked, he played 5 games for you at the start of the season. You guys are effectively Macheda'ing him.

• Like 1

City appealing the red card, which is madness really because there's no chance it's getting over turned.

An extra game ban if they fail or not?

Four matches is more than enough punishment for a card that is highly controversial anyway, adding an extra in this case would be wrongful in my opinion.

I doubt it'll be rescinded so this probably stops movement for Onuoha I imagine, with Savic and Lescott being the defensive pairing for the next four games and Onuoha sitting on the bench. Be good to see Savic get a few first team starts though, good work ethic that lad.