The Budweiser FA Cup

Can't be bothered reading all the comments but Summ, that was NEVER a red card. NEVER. You need intelligence as a referee and Chris Foy doesn't bother with such things. Terrible, terrible decision that has ruined the game really. United have finished chances well and so far look good for the lead but Kompany wasn't reckless, he had full control of the tackle and his studs were to the ground. You can claim letter of the law all you want but it's ALWAYS open to interpretation and for me he was in control of the tackle and he got the ball.

Summary: Got the ball, in control, not a red card.

Can't blame Pantilimon for anything really, two great goals and unlucky with the bounce off his very good first save from the penalty.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

It was a red.

You have to clamp down on challenges of that nature, one day, one of them is going to end someone's career, they need to be removed from the game before that happens.

• Like 1

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

BOTH FEET ARE OFF THE FLOOR. It's a lunge, it's off the ground, studs show. It doesn't matter if he wins the ball, that isn't ever the fucking point.

Typically, Man City fans boo their players off the pitch at half time, would they have done this 5 years ago?

Yes.

Being 3-0 down at half-time to your main rivals is never going to get a good reaction, no matter how shit you are or how strong your opposition is.

But what does it achieve? Apart from lowering the morale of your players. Seems pretty pointless. City have 45 mins to play and I can see them getting back into this.

It doesn't achieve anything and I agree that it's wrong. But that's football, I guess.

This is the unfortunate truth, and yeah, some of the boos may have been directed towards the ref. Ah, why do I care it's fucking Man City.

I'm not being stubborn, I'm fed up of people not understanding simple points.

I wont change my point of view, because it's right. It was a red card. It was a reckless two footed lunging studs up off the ground tackle. Had Nani not jumped it, there would have been very dangerous contact.

A low challenge where he clearly takes the ball and with no real force behind the challenge is a red card? I'd like to know how that challenge was going to create dangerous contact more than one with more force but with studs down and one foot where he doesn't win the ball - that's a yellow card tackle and more dangerous than Kompany's. Kompany was stupid to go in like that because you do risk getting a red and I can understand why the ref gave it at the time, but seeing the replays, it was wrong.

Fuck's sake. This game's shit.

This. I don't think it was a red, but it was a stupid way to go in for a challenge. Completely unecessary to go in that way and these days you're asking for a red.

While the game is spoiled as a spectacle, as a United fan I'm hardly going to complain. But if it was the other way round i'd be livid. But hey ho, 2 great goals - Rooney's header was decent and Welbeck's volley was a beauty. Hoping for 6 for vengeance but I thought we'd lose today so just winning will do me. Have to say, the space in the middle of the park sets the game up perfectly for Scholes...

Seething mad atm, really, really pissed off at that red card. We're playing good enough up front, but holy shit we are terrible at back (I blame the Ivory Coast).

Also, it seemed like they were boo'ing Foy

Winning the ball is an additional, and I don't agree excessive force at all. Hence why I said it isn't letter of the law because I just don't agree with you that is was excessive, nor that it was completely reckless. Perhaps he shouldn't have put himself in that position but Nani didn't even react so clearly he didn't feel he was under too much of a threat either from it.

Edit: The surface might make it look like he's not in control, but he went down, completely got the ball and didn't injure anyone. I'm not saying it takes an injury or contact to give a red card, but I just don't buy a red card in this situation. Never in a million years and probably not even after that.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

I dunno when you go in with two feet raised you're always in danger. He got the ball cleanly and Nani didn't make a fuss but I think the point is not to encourage tackling like that because the next one could be a leg breaker.