The Budweiser FA Cup

I'm not being stubborn, I'm fed up of people not understanding simple points.

I wont change my point of view, because it's right. It was a red card. It was a reckless two footed lunging studs up off the ground tackle. Had Nani not jumped it, there would have been very dangerous contact.

A low challenge where he clearly takes the ball and with no real force behind the challenge is a red card? I'd like to know how that challenge was going to create dangerous contact more than one with more force but with studs down and one foot where he doesn't win the ball - that's a yellow card tackle and more dangerous than Kompany's. Kompany was stupid to go in like that because you do risk getting a red and I can understand why the ref gave it at the time, but seeing the replays, it was wrong.

Fuck's sake. This game's shit.

I'm not being stubborn, I'm fed up of people not understanding simple points.

I wont change my point of view, because it's right. It was a red card. It was a reckless two footed lunging studs up off the ground tackle. Had Nani not jumped it, there would have been very dangerous contact.

A low challenge where he clearly takes the ball and with no real force behind the challenge is a red card? I'd like to know how that challenge was going to create dangerous contact more than one with more force but with studs down and one foot where he doesn't win the ball - that's a yellow card tackle and more dangerous than Kompany's. Kompany was stupid to go in like that because you do risk getting a red and I can understand why the ref gave it at the time, but seeing the replays, it was wrong.

Fuck's sake. This game's shit.

You can't have control of a challenge if both feet are in the air - and they were - not miles, but they were. It wasn't low, as such, because both studs are up. So if Nani didn't jump, that's effectively two sets of studs flying into his shins. So it IS reckless. Excessive force, in this case, is the fact he's off the air with two feet up. He has no control over the tackle.

Pantilimon ain't done nothing wrong. Rooney's header wasn't getting stopped, neither was Wellbeck's volley. He saved a pen that unfortunately for him went back to Rooney.

@Summ - At best it's one set of studs, the first leg was well in front of him, thus the ball winning in the first place. His second one may have caught him but that seemed to sweep around after he'd won the ball. He's gone in with what I'd have called a "firm but fair" challenge. Of course with Sir Chris Hoy :shifty: in charge, you never know what's going to happen from one decision to the next. Can sort of see the red but can see why it's so contentious as well. Would be pissed off if that was one of our players getting it, same as why I was so pissed off for Bolton when he did Cahill for that challenge miles out that wasn't that bad at the Lane.

Also, hooray for Stevenage, this year it's our trophy!

Edited due to taking too bloody long typing...

Edited by lanky316

Typically, Man City fans boo their players off the pitch at half time, would they have done this 5 years ago?

Yes.

Being 3-0 down at half-time to your main rivals is never going to get a good reaction, no matter how shit you are or how strong your opposition is.

But what does it achieve? Apart from lowering the morale of your players. Seems pretty pointless. City have 45 mins to play and I can see them getting back into this.

Typically, Man City fans boo their players off the pitch at half time, would they have done this 5 years ago?

Yes.

Being 3-0 down at half-time to your main rivals is never going to get a good reaction, no matter how shit you are or how strong your opposition is.

But what does it achieve? Apart from lowering the morale of your players. Seems pretty pointless. City have 45 mins to play and I can see them getting back into this.

It doesn't achieve anything and I agree that it's wrong. But that's football, I guess.