Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Download Festival has been cancelled again as the dates full just short of the government's best scenario in easing restrictions. Back same time next year - headliners will be Kiss, Iron Maiden and Biffy Clyro with no one else announced yet.

Yesterday marked a year since my last gig, which made me extremely sad. Really hoping to get to a few at the end of the year still. I still have ten that may or may not happen this year so fingers crossed.

Download getting postponed obviously sucks, but it was never going ahead with the timeframe the government have put in place. Nice compromise of headliners for 2022, losing Maiden for Biffy but keeping SOAD disappointed me but losing SOAD and having both Maiden and Biffy looks better to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Yesterday marked a year since my last gig, which made me extremely sad.

I've been thinking about this lately as well. Mine was March 6th. We're almost there. Going from a gig or 2 a week and a couple summer festivals to nothing is really awful. I have a couple tickets for shows that may not happen (originally 2020 gigs) and I don't even check who's playing anymore to avoid further disappointment.

• 3 months later...

I've got to that point where I am watching shows on YouTube. I am in deep withdrawal.

Most recent ticket purchase is Daði Freyr in Glasgow. I honestly can't wait, it gets me excited for the show and the atmosphere the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S THE NEWS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Limp Bizkit Announce Summer 2022 Shows In Manchester And London

Limp Bizkit will return to the UK next summer.

The rap rock legends have lined up a show at Manchester Academy on July 22 and the O2 Academy Brixton in London on July 24. Tickets go on general sale at 9am on July 2.

Nature has healed.

After a few years of miserable isolation I've finally got some tickets to go to a gig again. Sabaton next March with support from The Hu and Lordi, should be a fun evening and plenty of time to build up to crowds and this "going out" thing that I've not done for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

GIGS!

I went to see Eliza Carthy, a long-standing favourite of mine, for the first time on Friday, my first gig since well before Covid. It was a socially distanced thing, but also a folk gig, so not sold out and all oldies sitting a good distance from each other anyway. Aside from one or two who looked like they'd been dragged along by their parents, I definitely dragged the average age down a decade or so. It was bloody brilliant, though, even if not being "allowed" to dance or properly sing along was odd, and the heat made mask wearing the whole time - having already worn one for a long time on the train - pretty unpleasant.

I just bought (very expensive) tickets to see Richard Thompson in November, and have tickets to see Perturbator the same week, so that's running the gamut of my musical tastes quite well. I'm also hopefully seeing Shonen Knife in September, first time seeing them in more than ten years.

• Like 1

I bought tickets to see Human Impact at the Lager House in Detroit in December. Really Really excited for this, been following them since they made their arrival last year and love their output. It'll be good seeing Chris Spencer live again, plus Child Bite is one of the openers, and they're a cool ass local band that have a good following. 

The next night we're seeing William Elliot Whitmore and taking the kids, it will be their first gig ever (more than likely, unless we see something sooner).

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I bought tickets to see Human Impact at the Lager House in Detroit in December. Really Really excited for this, been following them since they made their arrival last year and love their output. It'll be good seeing Chris Spencer live again, plus Child Bite is one of the openers, and they're a cool ass local band that have a good following. 

The next night we're seeing William Elliot Whitmore and taking the kids, it will be their first gig ever (more than likely, unless we see something sooner).

Is this the same Chris Spencer of Unsane and Cutthroats? Is this like a side project, his main thing at the moment, or someone else?

Child Bite are cool. No idea if they're good live but they released a bunch of cool stuff 10+ years ago and then kinda lost track.

Hopefully your kids will have a great time regardless of who's playing. I remember having a blast going to shows with my dad/sister as a small kid and always had a lot of fun!

• Like 1