Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

image.png

Looking forward to this, though a few of the clashes are annoying (Gama Bomb vs Green Lung for one). 

Still, a mighty fine day of heavy music to come. 

23 hours ago, DFF said:

image.png

Looking forward to this, though a few of the clashes are annoying (Gama Bomb vs Green Lung for one). 

Still, a mighty fine day of heavy music to come. 

It's been a long while since I've been to Damnation, but that's a tasty line up and good to see a lot of friends playing.

Since I moved to Vienna in Aug 20, there hasn't been anything show wise really for my tastes, but finally some good stuff on the horizon, Sepultura in November, Monolord in December, The Ocean in January (I'm also considering Taake and Kampfar as well).

Edited by fourstarfizzle

• 2 weeks later...

Been nice to actually have shows to go to these past few months.

Since the world has returned to normal, I've seen: Terrence Simien, Rancid, the Dropkick Murphys, Cloud Nothings, The Sword, Wizard Rifle, Mdou Moctar, Sylvan Esso, Brittany Howard, Phoebe Bridgers, Liz Cooper (twice), and King Crimson.

Probably going to see Lukas Nelson tonight.  Debating Action Bronson next weekend.  I got a bunch more on my plate between now and Christmas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2021 at 12:19, METALMAN said:

I’m going to my first concert since before covid!

It’s Richard Thompson, who I don’t know particularly well but he is playing two songs I absolutely love on the tour and I love them so much it will be worth the ticket price for them alone.

I'm going to see Richard Thompson tonight! I wouldn't say I know his music particularly well, but I've been really getting into him over the last year.

I loved it - again, on paper would have preferred a full band, but he was fantastic. My girlfriend was worried when he went into his first song straight away that he'd be the sort of live act that doesn't talk to the audience at all, but he was perfectly affable.

For someone with a long career, and trying to please everyone, as well as touring to promote a book focused on a specific time period, it could have been a bit of a lucky dip in terms of what songs he'd play, but aside from "Feel So Good" he basically hit every one of my favourites. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a ticket to see Lupe Fiasco perform Food & Liquor start-to-finish on Thursday. Excited about it, I have a real fondness for that album, but it's a very "where did the time go" moment for me that that one's now in Full Album Nostalgia Show territory.

• Like 1

I had a chance to see him when he was promoting the Food & Liquor 2 album. Kelly Rowland too.

Instead I saw Buckcherry. And Sugar Ray.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhh so nice to finally go back to gigs. I saw Hannah Diamond at a PC Music night the other which was so great. Then saw Self Esteem for the 4th time and it was unbelievable, one of the best shows I've ever been to. Her live show is ridiculously good; infectious, fun and heartfelt. I love watching people play live and love every minute of it. If you get a chance and love pop music, you should get a ticket to the next tour. 

• Like 1

Went with my girlfriend to see John Grant last week. The gig was postponed from May 2020. She loved it. She was so delighted to finally get to go to the gig after so long.

I enjoyed it too but I am no where near as familair with his music as she is. I mostly go to gigs of artists whose back catalogues I've listened to a lot. So, when I'm at a live show of someone I don't really know. It's hard to really get really invested.

I'd be quite happy to go again though.  His stuff is pretty close to my wheelhouse of interests. The gig was originally meant to be just a stripped down show and I'd like to see him do that.

Saw Murder By Death a few weeks ago. Pretty boring show honestly. They're just not for me anymore.

But Human Impact last night was amazing. They played a small venue in downtown Detroit, small crowd but they ruled. Opening act was local and had a real cool vibe.

Tonight we're off to see William Elliot Whitmore which I'm sure will be good. Hopefully the crowd has less annoying pricks than last time we saw him.

• 3 weeks later...

Soulfly announced a tour w/ 200 Stab Wounds and TBA supporting, and they're actually going to be coming here :w00t: I think. They definitely list it as "Little Rock, TX". 

Still, $20 gen admission. That's not too bad. Very tempted to jump on it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 20:04, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Soulfly announced a tour w/ 200 Stab Wounds and TBA supporting, and they're actually going to be coming here :w00t: I think. They definitely list it as "Little Rock, TX". 

Still, $20 gen admission. That's not too bad. Very tempted to jump on it.

Screw this, fucking CLUTCH and THE SWORD are going to be here in May!! I wish I lived somewhere that got the dates with Eyehategod, but fuck, I'll take seeing The Sword.

• Like 1

So from what I'm learning they added a second day for that When We Were Young festival, but it's still fucking *rife* with issues. People on the waitlist are being auto-charged, and auto-charged for the festival's original date. And you can't cancel or get a refund. And one person who tried to cancel/get a refund got called a bitch, a cunt, and then had a dick pic sent to them.

So... sounds like that's... ... going.

On 18/01/2022 at 13:19, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Screw this, fucking CLUTCH and THE SWORD are going to be here in May!! I wish I lived somewhere that got the dates with Eyehategod, but fuck, I'll take seeing The Sword.

I saw The Sword play in Nashville back in September and it was pretty good.