Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Oh I’m thinking of going to see them in Dundee this week. Bit of a trek and I don’t know how good they are now but they were my favourites when I was a kid, one of the main things that got me into music and I’ve never actually seen them before (they had just broken up when I got into them. So I’m seriously thinking about it.

I saw Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs in Guernsey on Saturday, and they were superb, though honestly two out of the three local support acts were at least as good as they were. The main support act was an old Guernsey band I love, reforming for this gig as a one-off, and they had the crowd in the palm of their hand, to the point that almost half the audience seemed to leave after they finished, rather than stick around for the headliner.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Turner's playing a solo gig in Middlesbrough early next year, which is great, but it's £32 a ticket. When on earth did that become the going rate for a moderately successful act? Back to local festivals and new bands for me. :(

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Frank Turner's playing a solo gig in Middlesbrough early next year, which is great, but it's £32 a ticket. When on earth did that become the going rate for a moderately successful act? Back to local festivals and new bands for me. :(

Been pretty much the minimum for the bigger acts since I started gigging frequently in 2016. Smaller acts are usually half that.

But yeah Aerosmith can fuck off with that pricing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just announced this show that we're putting on in September: 

89289390_495535997803543_665894684079842

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2576209062660920/

Quite looking forward to this one! Last year's equivalent show was a sell out in advance, so we've gone for something a little bigger this time. 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 11:38, livid said:

Just booked tix to see Rage Against the Machine with Run the Jewels in July! :w00t:

They've postponed the first leg of this tour through May but I hope it doesn't affect the later ones. I wouldn't be surprised if it does, though. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, GA! said:

This was one hell of a gig. I didn't get soaked as I was in the upper tier of the Etihad, not sure about @Rich. 🌧️

Nah mate, I got SOAKED, then went out and got bought birthday shots 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Booked my first deliberate 2021 gig - IDLES at the Motorpoint in Cardiff in May. Were one of my 2019 highlights so even if it's rearranged I don't want to miss out on seeing them again.

I've still actually got one 2020 gig hanging on because Twin Atlantic haven't re-rearranged the second half of their tour yet.