Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

saw McLusky earlier this week, supporter by JOHN. As excellent as ever.

Last night we saw Sparks at the Roundhouse - we watched the Edgar Wright movie last week, I was curious if they were touring soon, turned out they were playing London that week. Tickets were mostly going for extortionate amounts (close to £200), but I set up some alerts and kept checking back, set myself a limit of £70 as the absolute maximum I'd be prepared. Two days before the show, some face value tickets came up.

Absolutely brilliant, there's no other word for it. One of the best gigs I've seen in years, perhaps ever. What an incredible band they are. Just couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear the whole show.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skummy said:

saw McLusky earlier this week, supporter by JOHN. As excellent as ever.

Last night we saw Sparks at the Roundhouse - we watched the Edgar Wright movie last week, I was curious if they were touring soon, turned out they were playing London that week. Tickets were mostly going for extortionate amounts (close to £200), but I set up some alerts and kept checking back, set myself a limit of £70 as the absolute maximum I'd be prepared. Two days before the show, some face value tickets came up.

Absolutely brilliant, there's no other word for it. One of the best gigs I've seen in years, perhaps ever. What an incredible band they are. Just couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear the whole show.

McLusky would be a fun show. I haven't listened to them in a bit but I'd imagine they're great live. Actually, so would Sparks. I don't know if they still hit Detroit ever or not. 

My wife procured tickets to see Bauhaus, which I guess is the original lineup on tour. They're a band I've grown to like a lot as I get older. Should be a cool experience. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Malenko said:

I didn't even know McLusky were still active. Jealous.

they reformed a few years back for a charity gig, and then this was the 20th anniversary of the Do Dallas album, I don't know how much else they've been properly active aside from that.

On 27/03/2022 at 17:11, RPS said:

My son is really into Imagine Dragons. I check out their ticket prices here. 150$ for the nosebleeds. 

Prices have plummeted the week of the show. 70$. Getting tempted to buy... 

4 hours ago, Skummy said:

they reformed a few years back for a charity gig, and then this was the 20th anniversary of the Do Dallas album, I don't know how much else they've been properly active aside from that.

I just listened to McLusky. Hot damn are they good.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2022 at 10:42, RPS said:

Prices have plummeted the week of the show. 70$. Getting tempted to buy...

I'm going to Imagine Dragons tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Tool last night. Was predictably excellent. Brass Against were a very good support too. 

• Like 4

Saw Paul McCartney tonight. Was fun. I guess he's not done "You Never Give Me Your Money" on a solo tour before but he did the back half of it tonight. Also "Live and Let Die" had fucking Kane pyro. No "Temporary Secretary" though :(

Was next to a guy who showed up late and quite drunk. At one point Paul went into "Blackbird" and in a quiet moment he shouted "BLACKBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD" as if he was calling for someone to play "Free Bird" or something. Amazing.

Next concert I should be going to is Hatchie on May 21st. Looking forward to it!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Might try and see the Cavalera bros while they tour on the Beneath Arise tour. That could be a pretty fun show, it's Iggor & Max Cavalera playing mostly songs from the Beneath the Remains and Arise Sepultura albums with some encores from the Chaos AD album.