Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

Is this the same Chris Spencer of Unsane and Cutthroats? Is this like a side project, his main thing at the moment, or someone else?

Child Bite are cool. No idea if they're good live but they released a bunch of cool stuff 10+ years ago and then kinda lost track.

Hopefully your kids will have a great time regardless of who's playing. I remember having a blast going to shows with my dad/sister as a small kid and always had a lot of fun!

Yes, same dude. This is his main thing now, Unsane is split up now. Also features members of Cop Shoot Cop and Swans. Should be awesome. 

Child Bite I found out has a dude that was in a local band from my old high school, my buddy is kind of friendly with them.

• 4 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Nope, all standing, no enforced social distancing, felt like genuine normality and I loved every second.

Oooh. Nice! I went to a couple, both seating and I didn't enjoy it half as much as I would have under those circumstances. Stopped going because of it. If things are changing, I'll definitely consider going to a few more.

2 hours ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Had my first gig in 18 months last night watching Foals at Cardiff Castle. Genuinely felt emotional, so glad live music is back.

Now to bankrupt myself buying gig tickets like I used to pre-pandemic :P

Cardiff Castle is a sweet location for a gig, having seen the Manics there.

Foals are coming over here tomorrow but man, £50 for them (even if they are a quality live band by all accounts) is steep.

52 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Cardiff Castle is a sweet location for a gig, having seen the Manics there.

Foals are coming over here tomorrow but man, £50 for them (even if they are a quality live band by all accounts) is steep.

I went to that Manics gig! Was great, I got very drunk and don't remember most of the show itself :lol:

Back there in two weeks for Those Damn Crows, who I've wanted to see for a while now.

• Like 1

I went to a jazz concert last week - Tim Garland and Jason Rebello - without knowing the venue when I was invited to it. It turned out to just be in a concert cellist's garden, with a marquee set up. Very odd.

Next up is Magick Mountain next week, followed by Perturbator in September, Shonen Knife in October, and Richard Thompson in November. I haven't been to a properly busy gig yet, so not sure how it'll make me feel being in a proper crowd again. Very much intending to hide away at the back somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of shameless self-promotion here. Here's the shows we're putting on in Sheffield and the surrounding area atm. Mostly falls into various flavours of rock and metal. 

And yes, we have two shows on the same day. Madness. 

241520516_236070518526101_66593932711566

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/2021/09/16/posty-fest-reveals-lineup-for-2021-with-megan-thee-stallion-out-front/

I would like to go to this.

Grammy-winning Houston rapper Megan Thee Stallion leads the pack of more than a dozen artists who’ll support hip-hop star Post Malone at his two “Posty Fest” concerts Oct. 30-31 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

The other newly-announced opening acts are Lil Uzi Vert, Roddy Ricch, Jack Harlow, $uicideboy$, Polo G, Rod Wave, Tyga, iann dior, Koe Wetzel, Turnstile, Tyla Yaweh, Flo Milli, Kaash Paige, Kenny Mason, Peach Tree Rascals, RMR, Gatecreeper, Clever and LoveLeo.

Mostly I want to see Post, Megan, Uzi, Jack Harlow, Turnstile, and Gatecreeper. A bunch of these other acts I'm not really familiar with. 

I assume by then Mike Patton will be in a better mental space, because he canceled all FNM and Mr. Bungle tour dates for Sept/Oct citing the pandemic and mental health reasons. 

On 18/08/2021 at 14:25, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Saw Hall & Oates at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

They were okay, but Hall seemed to be struggling with his vocals. I don't know if it was an off-night or his voice just isn't what it once was.

The venue was abysmal though. We got lawn seating and from where we were sat you literally couldn't see the stage. So we were just watching them on a screen. It was about $15 for a can of shitty American beer too.

I saw them a couple of years ago and his voice is definitely nowhere near what it used to be. Still good fun though.

On 23/09/2021 at 18:31, Krabby said:

Will Devon Townsend be playing the Ziltoid the Omniscient album straight through? If not, cancel the concert

He has about 10 better albums >_>