Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I'd given up the idea of going to a gig in Vienna whilst I still lived here, had almost 18 months of nothing, then had Monolord and Bohren Der Club of Gore cancelled on me due to lockdown. But now, in March, Celeste and Conjurer have announced a show here, and I'll be fine if that's my only show in Vienna before I move to Singapore 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw Wet Leg tonight. Super, super fun! Given that only five tracks from their debut album have been properly released it felt like an album listening party except the band is literally there playing the whole album for you.

• Like 1

Last night I finally got to go to a gig in Vienna having lived her for 20 months, fantastic show with Conjurer and Celeste. Highlight was 15 or so ladies of a certain age walked into the venue whilst I was chatting the Conjurer boys at their merch table. I thought to myself, "wow, the crowds in Europe are really wide ranging!", until one of the ladies heard us speaking English and asked "I'm sorry, is this the show for Celeste? The British soul singer?". Had to break it to her that it was sadly for the French black metal band Celeste, but they should hang around and see if they like it. 😂

• Like 1

Just bought a ticket for ArcTangent. Looks like I'm doing Bloodstock and this back-to-back, haha 

17 hours ago, fourstarfizzle said:

Last night I finally got to go to a gig in Vienna having lived her for 20 months, fantastic show with Conjurer and Celeste. Highlight was 15 or so ladies of a certain age walked into the venue whilst I was chatting the Conjurer boys at their merch table. I thought to myself, "wow, the crowds in Europe are really wide ranging!", until one of the ladies heard us speaking English and asked "I'm sorry, is this the show for Celeste? The British soul singer?". Had to break it to her that it was sadly for the French black metal band Celeste, but they should hang around and see if they like it. 😂

FYI the album Daphne and Celeste put out in 2018 was genuinely great.

38 minutes ago, DFF said:

Just bought a ticket for ArcTangent. Looks like I'm doing Bloodstock and this back-to-back, haha 

I've never done ArcTangent, but my girlfriend goes every year. I've been eyeing up the line-up, and while there's not a lot I know, there's enough to pique my interest; Opeth, Cult of Luna and Amenra are all firmly in the "I'd definitely go and see them if they played a festival I was at", while Mono and The Locust are must-sees, McClusky and Lightning Bolt are always great to see, and then there's a few others like Perturbator and Jamie Lenman I'd be interested in checking out.

One of our friends is really, ridiculously into The Armed and their whole deal, and St Pierre Snake Invasion are a favourite of my girlfriend's, so it's a pretty strong line-up. I'm increasingly tempted.

Before that, I've got tickets for Nine Inch Nails and Battles in June, and John Cooper Clarke, Shonen Knife, and the Sun Ra Arkestra next month, so a good fun couple of months lined up.

6 minutes ago, Skummy said:

I've never done ArcTangent, but my girlfriend goes every year. I've been eyeing up the line-up, and while there's not a lot I know, there's enough to pique my interest; Opeth, Cult of Luna and Amenra are all firmly in the "I'd definitely go and see them if they played a festival I was at", while Mono and The Locust are must-sees, McClusky and Lightning Bolt are always great to see, and then there's a few others like Perturbator and Jamie Lenman I'd be interested in checking out.

One of our friends is really, ridiculously into The Armed and their whole deal, and St Pierre Snake Invasion are a favourite of my girlfriend's, so it's a pretty strong line-up. I'm increasingly tempted.

Before that, I've got tickets for Nine Inch Nails and Battles in June, and John Cooper Clarke, Shonen Knife, and the Sun Ra Arkestra next month, so a good fun couple of months lined up.

A lot of those appeal to me too, though its probably Zeal & Ardor that attracts me the most if I'm being hnest. 
The line-up is exceptionally strong though, even for ATG. 

A few Z&A tracks: 

• Like 2

My friend's band is opening for Eyehategod next Saturday. Real tempted to finagle a ride to that one, not just because it's Eyehategod, but because I haven't seen my friend in years and years now and I've never got to catch her band live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

My friend's band is opening for Eyehategod next Saturday. Real tempted to finagle a ride to that one, not just because it's Eyehategod, but because I haven't seen my friend in years and years now and I've never got to catch her band live.

I'd go. I tend to go see my friends in bands regardless but if they're opening for a band I like, that's a no brainer.

• Like 1