Gigs gigs gigs

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Metallica's coming to Arkansas on January 20th. It's not sold out yet, really hoping it doesn't sell out before I can get my hands on some tickets. Really want to see this show. 

• 2 weeks later...

Done more gigs this year than in a long time - hoping to keep that up next year. Los Campesinos 10th anniversary tour was probs the highlight, but loved seeing Snail Mail and Soccer Mommy recently - both great. 

We've got Tommy Cash and Little Big booked so far for next year which should be funny. 

• 1 month later...

Just saw a band called Palaye Royale supporting Enter Shikari in Norwich and they're the best support I'd never previously heard of that I've seen in years.

EDIT - Possibly the best live performance I've ever seen from anyone by Shikari themselves.

Edited by Naitch

1 minute ago, VerbalPuke said:

When I saw Jesus Lizard I bought two more sets of tickets because my back hurt and I wanted to sit in the upper balcony.

Man tell me about it. Someone invited me to a festival today and all I can think of is how much I don't wanna stand up for three days. 

• Like 1

First gig of the year was great, little Australian band called The Faim who are only going to get bigger. They've grown quite a lot since I saw them last year, really good live performers. Snagged a setlist as well which is cool.

Both supports were great too, a French band called Halflives who've got a really good female singer and Chapel, who are a poppy American duo including a female drummer, which is a nice rarity. Really down to earth guys too, hung around for ages at the end taking pictures with people and generally chatting

Just got done seeing William Ryan Key and This Wild Life. So good. 

WRK I was more invested in between the Yelllowcard stuff he played and his solo work but TWL, even though I'm not nearly as familiar with them, was the better 'show'. Like, WRK was more meek and almost self conscious that people would only be there for YC stuff whereas TWL were much more interacting with the crowd. 

I saw Yellowcard do Ocean Avenue in full at Slam Dunk 2016 and it was so damn good. Shame they broke up.

I saw Frank Turner for the 6th time on Saturday and he was excellent again. Jimmy Eat World supported and were boring as hell.

Off to Don Broco tomorrow for my brother's birthday present as they're one of the few bands we have in common. Neck Deep are supporting too who I also enjoy greatly so pretty damn hyped for it.

• 2 weeks later...