Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

That Olympic cauldron was awesome. Ali in '96 was special because of the man but this one is up there with the best of them.

Where Ali set fire to a giant Mcdonald's chip packet?

• Like 1

That, right there, was what the Olympic games is all about. Celebrating the history of the host nation, showcasing it's modern culture. But at the end of the day, its about the athletes. Having the torch lit by as-yet-unknown young athletes -- sponsored by current Olympians -- was truly tremendous.

Congratulations, Great Britain. That opening ceremonies was something special.

That was spectacular. Right from the songs from all four home nations I had goosebumps. Really proud to be British.

Had all the great parts of this country and a unexpected and brilliant cauldron lighting. Now to win a load of golds

Innit. I actually like the mascots anyway. Someone has to!

I really loved the opening ceremony. I only watched it because it was on really, but I immediately got sucked in, and I saw the whole thing out. I'm so glad I did. The music was brilliant, everything they covered was amazing. Britain's really good, isn't it? Like I never really stop to think about it on an everyday basis.

As old Scottish men say:

Here's tae us

Wha's like us

Damn few,

And they're a' deid

Mair's the pity!

But adapted for Britain as a whole, obviously.

Having Paul McCartney there was so special. I know he does these things all the time, and his voice is a bit old and creaky, but he's a real phenomenon. Arctic Monkeys surprised me too. They pulled that off very well. Seeing Ali must have been amazing for the people there, but it's such a shame what has happened to him.

And Mr. Bean!

I'm really happy for you guys over there but this is just strange. I admire what it took to put this on, but like 40 Mary Poppins just dropped out of the sky to kill Voldemort. :huh:

It's a pretty common sight over there from what I gather.

• Like 1

I'm really happy for you guys over there but this is just strange. I admire what it took to put this on, but like 40 Mary Poppins just dropped out of the sky to kill Voldemort. :huh:

And? Are you telling me that wasn't like the best part? :w00t:

And? Are you telling me that wasn't like the best part? :w00t:

I am telling you that actually :) Loving this digital love story section though

Why did Greece go first and then it went in alphabetical order?

Olympic tradition. Greece goes first in honour of them holding the first Olympics, then it goes in alphabetical order using the host nation's official language, and then the host country enters last.