Olympic & Paralympic Games London 2012

Starvinho

Shenanigans in the men's pole vault. Was meant to drop to final 12. Instead a group (led by the Aussie) is trying to force them to end quals now and take through 16. It's weird since our guy is arguably the leader having just had one jump.

Basically they are meant to be whittled down to 12, they are saying they want to take all remaining vaulters straight through to the final and not bother with this. No idea why, the conditions are meant to be pretty much perfect. I think the issue is that the qualifying height is 5.70, so I think (again think) the big names feel as if they shouldn't need to bother qualifying and should be given a pass straight through to the final.

Which is why I think nearly all of them have skipped to 5.70. Why they didn't just do that in the first place is beyond me.

In reality I have no idea why they are doing it. Apparently it happened at the world championships and I think it's them just being prats.

Is this individual horse trotting? I know we won the team event yesterday, didn't realise that was still going on.

Got to say watching the video of all our gold medals so far the dressage finish had to be the most underwhelming "we've won the gold!!" moment of them all :lol:

Ireland's Katie Taylor is into the final of the women's lightweight category, winning 13-6. Crowd are loving it. She will now fight for gold against Adriana Araujo of Brazil or Russia's Sofya Ochigava.

Katie Taylor's match with our competitor in the previous round had hands down the best atmosphere I've seen of any event in these entire games the other day.

So after Liu Xiang valiantly decided yesterday not to exit the Olympics on that first hurdle fall and instead came back to hop down the 110m track, kissing the final hurdle before going over the finishing line, today 800m runner Merve Aydin didn't let an injury she suffered halfway round stop her from completing the course and fulfilling her ambition of completing her event at the Olympic games.

It goes to show just how much this means to the competitors.