Grand Theft Auto V

IzzyX

Oh yeah, stocks.. twice I've done it, both times when doing a job for Lester which was based around killing some company's CEO so their competitor's stock would rise, first one went up 250%

When do I get paid? I've towed a car and done a mission with Lamar or whatever his name is. No money! Also does it switch to the other characters automatically? I mean I like Franklin but I dont want to neglect the other characters

Well at a certain point you'll run out of missions for Franklin, so you're gonna have to change to progress the story.

So after completing the intro mission I decided to take a drive. Ended up in some country town miles from anywhere at night, wasn't paying attention and crashed head on into an oncoming car. The driver of said car proceeds to then haul me out of mine. Naturally I beat him to a bloody pulp, only to hear the all too familiar sound of police sirens in the distance. So off I run through a nearby petrol station, hop a fence and I'm away to safety. Or so I thought. One very loud growl later and I'm cat food. Dead at the hands of what looked like a Jaguar.

Awesome.

Probably a cougar, considering jaguars aren't indigenous to California.

Had no problem landing the plane with Trevor, but I had to restart when I accidentally steered it into a water tower. Also,the dune buggy is amazing.

Yeah. There you go. You gotta meet the characters before you switch. And then there will be points during missions where you won't be allowed to switch. But any time outside a mission, you could.

I've just got to the part where you pick the guys for the first heist, and now it says that there's 1 mission available for both Franklin and Michael, but there's nothing on the map. I've switched characters and saved to forward time, but still nothing.

Am I supposed to just wait?

Come on, Cid Highwind. I thought you could fly anything.

I've never felt more ashamed. :(

Thank god for the skip feature, trying to land that plane got really frustrating. It wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to do the entire flight over again. Trevor has had more fun missions, I'm looking forward to him meeting up with Michael whenever that happens. Also Lester is also the blonde fat guy that gets shot in the opening, right?

I'm taking this game very slowly at the moment. I want to enjoy every moment and make it last. There's been so many moments my jaw dropped that it's hard to even remember all of them.

One little thing I love though is that there are missions that you don't get from other characters. It's pretty cool going home with Michael and having a mission just based on his everyday life and not just Mobster #24 you're indebted to making you do errands. I love the character switches too when you just hop in on something during their everyday life. You really feel immersed these peoples lives now rather than just them being vessels for chaos. That's not something I ever thought was a problem with GTA but now I don't think I could go back to being Nico in GTA IV.

Driving is vastly improved over GTA IV too. I'm so early on that Trevor or any sort of heist hasn't even been mentioned, but holy fuckballs is this game or what?