2012/13 Europa League thread

Lineker

Looked It up, of those three he's the more likely striker but Assaidi can do it too. He apparently scored 20 goals last season for Heerenveen so there's that.

I signed Morgan for my Icelandic team in Footy Manager and he's done pretty well in the Icelandic league. A decent scoring rate and some good headed and first touch goals. Terrible when he actually has to think about where to shoot though. :shifty:

Still, I'd love to see him in real life, I generally gain a liking of a player, just by managing them in a game.

He's probably the best of our home grown strikers and a finisher. He probably won't set the world on fire like Sterling but he could grab some goals especially in Europe.

Morgans a good natural finisher from what I have seen of him playing at youth level/reserve level. He looked alright in the home game against Hearts but in that game he was shunted out wide in favour of Suarez.

I'm just happy to see the likes of Wisdom, Suso and Pacheco being given a chance in the first team, Assaidi i'm looking forward to see what he can do as hopefully now that he is fit it'll give us more options to use in the league and hopefully Yesil will be given some game time near the end of the match.

I totally forgot that we still had Danny Wilson, I just assumed he went out on loan or something. Think Blackpool was interested in getting him again

Newcastle team for Malmo (or something):

Elliot, Perch, Taylor, Williamson, Santon, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Gosling, Vuckic, Obertan, Shola.

Stronger than I thought, that's our best available back four and the midfields decent, no idea what Maritimo are like so won't make a prediction.

Oh ESPN, with Didi Hamann and Olly Bernard you are spoiling us.

Edited by Colly

We'll have him back too, £14 and a Curly Wurly sound okay?

I always wondered why he never got a look in for Spain when he was with you, despite appearing to be a decent full back.

The reasons became apparent incredibly quickly.

Because Spain don't play real fullbacks >_>? Hey, at least you guys have Robinson and, if FM is anything to go by, he'll be AMAZING.

I always wondered why he never got a look in for Spain when he was with you, despite appearing to be a decent full back.

Better Spanish fullbacks mainly.

Cheating bastard Maritimo, ref gives them the ball after a stoppage to play to our keeper, player starts a run on goal, Bigi fairly (but understandably annoyed) tackles the cheating shit and gets booked for a non foul. John Carvers steaming.

Better Spanish fullbacks mainly.

Well, yeah. An awful lot of them that are an awful lot better.

He's shocking on the ball. Carragheresque, really. It's no wonder Newcastle improved when they started shipping out rubbish like him and Carroll and replacing them with footballers.

Wisdom has been great, Pacheco's been meh, Suso had a good run and Assaidi has done a couple of things. Henderson has been alright.

I kinda wish we had Morgan upfront cause nobody wants to get in the box.