Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

7 minutes ago, K said:

I lost all interest in watching daredevil after the cancellation of luke cage and iron fist. Obviously I'm not expecting them to go on forever, but I hate when stuff is cancelled mid-storyline.

I also had that concern, and figured that it would take me awhile to get through the whole season, but it kept me engaged despite the fact that it seems to be all but certain that Netflix and Marvel are wrapping up their partnership.

It's also worth noting that until they make the formal announcement about severing ties, that I don't think anyone has really discussed whether or not it would be possible for Marvel to continue the stories of these heroes through Disney Play, Hulu, or MCU integration. Unless there is wording in their initial contract that says that Marvel cannot continue these stories elsewhere, I would bet dollars to dimes that we will see Charlie Cox suit up again.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Supposedly they cancelled Luke Cage and Iron Fist because they're going to do a Heroes For Hire series.......

Is that Netflix or Marvel though?

I don't see the Netflix deal lasting beyond what's already been announced, if only because it doesn't make any sense for Disney to be providing content to their own competition. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if over the next ten years The House of Mouse brings all of Marvel's babies home under one banner, even if that means buying out contracts to make sure that no one else is benefiting from their properties.

EDIT: Also, none of the actors involved have said anything that would lead me to believe that Netflix is continuing on. Everyone who has spoken publicly about Iron Fist and Luke Cage being cancelled seem to believe that it's done and over with... and the major rumors as to why Cage got the axe are that Netflix and Marvel weren't seeing eye to eye on the storytelling, that there were several scripts written and submitted for season three of Luke Cage, but Netflix wasn't happy with what they were given because they wanted to go a different direction. So, essentially, Netflix made the choice to cancel these shows because they want more control over them than Disney wants to give.

Edited by Gabriel

Spoilers for the CW DC shows crossover.  There is just so much in this picture I can't even process it...

On 26/10/2018 at 22:42, K said:

This just arrived on Netflix, has anyone watched it?

MV5BYmFhYzZhYzgtZjZiYS00NWEwLWFhYTUtN2Ux

this is an interesting concept and i like the art, but I'm just over halfway through and the execution just isn't very good.

halfway through it turns into a weird Mech thing, with giant transforming buildings that The  Penguin and Joker or whatever have somehow created in fuedal japan in just two years, by teaching the locals about coal

I'd rather just see batman do cool samurai sword stuff

The new Sabrina is pretty awesome. I can't tell exactly when it's supposed to take place but isn't that the thing with the Riverdale universe?

11 hours ago, =BK= said:

The new Sabrina is pretty awesome. I can't tell exactly when it's supposed to take place but isn't that the thing with the Riverdale universe?

This was screwing with me so much. It's very obviously a 50's/60's vibe with almost everything... except for the cell phones and Ambrose's laptop, as well as some of the references they make. I'm kinda hoping that they reveal there is some kind of curse on the town that keeps it grounded in the past or something. That being said, my wife and I breezed through the ten episodes. They were fun, well done and creepy. It makes me very happy to know that part 2 is already filming, which means we may not have to wait an entire year for the next batch of episodes.

19 hours ago, Tkasto said:

Legends Of Tomorrow continue to be amazing, while I already lost all interest in the new season of Arrow.

Kinda curious as to why?  So far this has been a hell of an increase over last season

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Kinda curious as to why?  So far this has been a hell of an increase over last season

It feels kinda slow to me. Also: (I put it in a spoiler, if someone has yet to start watching this season.)

Spoiler

I'm sick and tired of Ricardo Diaz already. He was a great villain last season, but I really don't care about him anymore this season.

• 3 weeks later...

The Birds of Prey movie has been officially titled Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Well, time to take away creative control over DC properties from whoever has it.