The New Kit Thread

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Youwhat. 

I went ridiculously whole hog with that, Kevin Nolan on the back and Championship patches on the sleeves. Had to.

I have Carroll #24 with the patches on mine too. Really captures the era nicely!!

57 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Look, last season they were inspired by the girders in the stadium roof. It's still baby steps... Sanity is a good way off yet.

Also I'm pretty sure "filtered through a modern street lens and colour palette" is designer speak for "and we just did whatever we felt like".

Seems like the zigzag down the side is Nike's new thing this year. Don't think it works on that Tottenham shirt and looks poor.

Corinthians' new one is a beaut though, so it can work!

image.png

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Look, last season they were inspired by the girders in the stadium roof. It's still baby steps... Sanity is a good way off yet.

Also I'm pretty sure "filtered through a modern street lens and colour palette" is designer speak for "and we just did whatever we felt like".

Are we also the only club who start wearing next season's kit before the current one ends? I'm sure that's been the case with Chelsea for at least a few years now.

Edited by Naitch

48 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Are we also the only club who start wearing next season's kit before the current one ends? I'm sure that's been the case with Chelsea for at least a few years now.

Since at least 2010, for certain.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Genuinely considering dropping £40 on that away shirt (white one). 

I didn't realise that Southampton aren't sponsored by Virgin Media any more, despite watching their Boxing Day game against Chelsea. Have to agree that the actual sponsors look awful on this season's kits and those, albeit marginally better.