The New Kit Thread

On 03/10/2020 at 09:17, metalman said:

fucking hell

image.png

Love how the one in the middle looks absolutely furious.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up these 3 for £45 total with printing. China's finest. Great for just knocking about in. Never had a quality issue with any of my shirts from there in the past year or two that I've used them. All look legit with tags and obviously a fraction of the usual cost.

I tend to buy at least one on release day from the club store but didn't get around to it this time. 

20201031_083857.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 07:45, Lineker said:

I was hoping they would comment on how the kits make the players feel. They did a bit with Seaman, but if you're wearing a kit (or any uniform) that fills you with confidence, pride or the opposite types of feelings, it's inevitably going to show in the results. The away kits when worn away stats compared to the home kit when worn away felt was intriguing - I wonder if players feel out of place wearing their home kit when they're not in their own ground?

In other news, I got my Loch Ness FC kit with the gold on the black and I bloody love it. :wub:

2 minutes ago, metalman said:

Is this it?

https://oapub.org/edu/index.php/ejep/article/view/2174

Got to say I love the journal’s 90s style website.

In the 2018 World Soccer Championship, the players who took the first place in the goal kingdom generally played with the red, white and blue T-shirt and shorts color.

Seems legit.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Does anyone have a link to the study at the end regards red keeper tops? I'd like to see their methodology, because the rest of it is utter bollocks and they admit it at 4 minutes then keep going...

This study examined the proposition that competing against red-clad  opponents  hinders  the  performance  of  soccer  (football)  athletes.  40  experi-enced  players  took  10  penalty  kicks  against  a  goalkeeper  wearing  a  black  jersey  and, 1 week later, took 10 penalty kicks against a goalkeeper wearing either a red, green, blue, or yellow jersey. Prior to each set of kicks, participants reported their expectancy of success. Players facing red-clad goalkeepers scored on fewer penalty kicks than those facing either blue- or green-clad goalkeepers, but no diff  erences  in  expectancy of success emerged. The fi  ndings indicate that athletes wearing red may have an advantage over their opponents. 

https://sci-hub.se/10.2466/30.24.PMS.117x14z6  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'd probably be happy for it to start in the PL first who could easily take the hit (they'll find other sponsors without a huge loss proportionate to tv money) before rolling down the pyramid, but then there are plenty of lower league sides who took a principled stance on their own:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/46303940?

• Like 1