The New Kit Thread

Id be interested to know if these companies see an increase of bets in the areas of the team they sponsor.

Are fans more willing to bet on games, etc. if they can justify by reasoning the money ultimately ends up in their club?

8 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

On the subject of sponsorship and lower league team income, it should start with a premier league ban, these clubs are a size they should attract alternative sponsorship, then eventually filter it down

My argument would be to do it all at once, but I agree doing the lower leagues first seems daft.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Colly said:

My argument would be to do it all at once, but I agree doing the lower leagues first seems daft.

I 100% believe that advertising gambling should be illegal (how long ago did we do it for cigarettes?) but I also see that it can really effect lower league team.

If there is a ban on Premier League teams (who also have by far the most visibility of English teams) first, it sets a good example, filters some other avenues in to football league.

I’m always interested in how much some of these companies actually pay for sponsorship, UoN and Jackson Grundy can’t be paying much to Northampton Town, or whatever that company nobody in Northampton has ever heard of getting the stadium sponsorship.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Id be interested to know if these companies see an increase of bets in the areas of the team they sponsor.

Are fans more willing to bet on games, etc. if they can justify by reasoning the money ultimately ends up in their club?

Most of them are Asian betting companies that have very little presence in the UK. Their goal is to target their own market through the Premier League's global appeal to circumnavigate the their local advertising rules.

It's why you see shirts with random Chinese symbols and numbers from a company you've never heard of.

I was going to ask that. Fun88 at Newcastle have a UK twitter presence and better social media than the club themselves, but I had to google to see if you could actually bet with them. You can.

I don't really buy the argument that taking betting companies out will cause financial problems for smaller clubs. Most of the betting shirt sponsors are in the Premier League and Championship, and there are always lots of companies from all sorts of industries wanting to get involved in the lucrative football business.

A lot of clubs in League One and lower have local companies sponsoring them, and some of them are very well known. Because of our town's railway connections we have had LNER (and formerly Virgin Trains before that) on our shirts for the past few years for instance, so it's not right to think smaller clubs can't attract good sponsorship deals that aren't betting companies.

• Like 2

It even has a Bitcoin logo in the corner for extra dodginess. They've also had to recall all the shirts they sold with the Chinese old sponsor that pulled the plug. At least we know what this company supposedly does.

It was pretty hard to figure out what LD Sports actually do.

Enter Shikari sounds like a band that does Hindi covers of Metallica songs.

I like this, but I think Juve can get away with a lot just because Jeep's logo looks nice anywhere. It would look shite with a big blue Fun88.

Also, I'm really old and the word "dropped" confuses me, on initial read I thought they'd scrapped it.