The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Aspas was awful and Liverpool's poor second halves continue. Rode it out again, but it would've been better if Liverpool could've kept Swansea out.

Probably deserved to be a draw over all.

Yeah, Rodgers is just too negative in the second half. I am all for protecting a lead, but you can't just keep putting everyone behind the ball like your Stoke. Even when they had that throw in in stoppage time right at the corner, they worked the ball straight back to Mignolet immediately. Take your chance there.

Yeah, Rodgers is just too negative in the second half. I am all for protecting a lead, but you can't just keep putting everyone behind the ball like your Stoke. Even when they had that throw in in stoppage time right at the corner, they worked the ball straight back to Mignolet immediately. Take your chance there.

Not when a draw sees us go top with a run of piss easy games until November. Not worth the risk when Swansea looked so deadly. But yeah, I'm worried about our second half performances. Sakho was glorious but also scares the shit out of me. Made a few sloppy mistakes but that's to be expected being thrown in the deep end at a new club.

I do think Rodgers made good changes, which is something he hasn't always done. Moses needed off and so did Wisdom, although Sterling was poor.

Obviously, the exception may be the first one. Though Aspas came on because of an injury and I don't see Aspas playing much once Suarez is back so long and Coutinho is fit.

I do think Rodgers made good changes, which is something he hasn't always done. Moses needed off and so did Wisdom, although Sterling was poor.

Obviously, the exception may be the first one. Though Aspas came on because of an injury and I don't see Aspas playing much once Suarez is back so long and Coutinho is fit.

The problem with Aspas is that he's glorious as a lone striker but dog shit everywhere else, but there's no way he's displacing Sturridge unless it's through injury.

Massive upgrade on Borini either way.

If anyone from Liverpool were to get it, Skrtel was by far our best player again. I'd probably give it to Shelvey all things considered. Ignoring the mistakes, he was Swansea's best player.

Fair point, Skrtel had a cracker.