The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Is it against the rules for refs to comment on decisions after the game in England? In Denmark, if there has been a controversial decision, the referee is usually interviewed after the match, watches the play again on TV, and then apologizes if he's wrong or tells why he was right.

Honestly it's been so many years of pundits saying "Why don't they just come out after the game and explain themselves" that I can't even remember. There could be a rule or more likely the ref's association decided it would be easier for themselves if no one had to defend anything they ever did.

I hate this season.

The Europa League can hardly be used as an excuse for the last few games, seeing as the last match was early December. It's just a shame the Europa League break has had matches with Chelsea, Everton, United and City.

Edited by Gorka

Plus injuries to Bony for a spell and Michu of course. From what I saw you weren't playing anywhere near the level you were last season though even before that, though I agree the Europa League is a poor excuse for that. Pardew.

That's a ridiculous booking by the way. Clash of heads, nothing more.