Europa League 2013/14 Thread

Lineker

So here's a bit of controversy that's stirring up around these parts regarding the next Juventus vs Benfica.

Benfica fans put up a banner honoring the Torino team that died in a plane crash while returning home after a match against Benfica in 1949. Juventus officials were very offended and put up a formal complaint against Benfica, and UEFA gave Benfica the May 15 deadline to present their defence. However, yesterday afternoon, they also decided that Enzo Perez is facing potential punishment for a elbow to the face of a Juventus player (player who later went on to do the same thing to Maxi Pereira, but he doesn't get punished, how strange) and that the hearing for both cases will happen, instead of May 15, tomorrow, with Benfica having until 9 PM today to put up a defence.

I'm sorry, but given that the final is in Juventus' home stadium, that UEFA's president is, admittedly, a Juventus fan, and that Juventus have already been punished once because of corruption... I'm sorry if this makes me sound biased as a Benfica fan, but this whole situation just stinks. Not helping is the fact that the UEFA website, instead of being somewhat unbiased regarding this encounter, instead of saying Benfica has the lead, gives the title "JUVENTUS WITHIN A GOAL OF FINAL TARGET" to the match analysis. It's the little things...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Sevilla: Beto, Fazio, Carrico, Moreno, Pareja, Coke, Mbia, Rakitic, Vitolo, Bacca, Reyes.
Subs: Varas, Navarro, Figueiras, Marin, Iborra, Trochowski, Gameiro.
Benfica: Oblak, Luisao, Pereira, Siqueira, Garay, Amorim, Sulejmani, Gaitan, Gomes, Lima, Rodrigo.
Subs: Artur, Vitoria, Jardel, Almeida, Djuricic, Cavaleiro, Cardozo.
Referee: Felix Brych (Germany).