Europa League 2013/14 Thread

Lineker

Sevilla just smashing them in and then Cardozo and Rodrigo taking the same absolute clownshoes penalties. Penalties like that are just silly really, like Yakubu used to do that, and they look well casual if they work but if they get saved they just look like the shittest penalties of all time. Just put your foot through it, sick of these stuttered run-ups.

Benfica must be cursed, there were plenty of times in the match where it looked like the universe was stopping them from scoring.

There is a legend here that says that the last coach to win an European Cup with Benfica cursed them when they didn't renew his contract, I believe he said Benfica would not win another European final for 100 years. I'm not superstitious, but it's sounding pretty plausible...

:crying:

Benfica must be cursed, there were plenty of times in the match where it looked like the universe was stopping them from scoring.

There is a legend here that says that the last coach to win an European Cup with Benfica cursed them when they didn't renew his contract, I believe he said Benfica would not win another European final for 100 years. I'm not superstitious, but it's sounding pretty plausible...

:crying:

Look on the brightside, you're over halfway.

• Like 3

Sorry GoN. :(

Last year it didn't hurt that much when we lost to Chelsea, but this made me feel really really bad.

By the way, because I'm trying to feel better with something...

BnoNSlRIEAAnuDk.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
MILAN (AP) — Parma has lost its appeal against a decision not to grant it a UEFA license for next season and Torino will take its place in the Europa League.
The Italian football federation denied Parma the license after a mistake saw the club underpay a tax bill by 300,000 euros ($408,000).
On Thursday, Italy's highest sporting court rejected Parma's appeal. The club is likely to take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
"I am very bitter about this sporting system and even more after this decision," Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi said. "This time it is really big. Maybe they managed to make me leave the world of football."
Pending the outcome of any appeal to CAS, Torino has been awarded Parma's place in next season's Europa League.
Torino missed out on European football with virtually the last kick of the season, finishing a point and a place behind Parma in the Serie A standings.