The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Just now, Colly said:

You aren't going to like the He-Man Netflix trailer.

I've seen it.  Then the Guardians game trailer, then this episode of Loki and I'm pretty sure I've heard it in something else recently as well.  Hence, the proposal.  May those who vote against me be haunted by that song.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should fuck off. 

Daredevil renewed for a second season to come out next year!

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

I've seen it.  Then the Guardians game trailer, then this episode of Loki and I'm pretty sure I've heard it in something else recently as well.  Hence, the proposal.  May those who vote against me be haunted by that song.

Sounds like you need a hero.

• Like 1
Spoiler

This show certainly isn't subtle in its "mysteries". It's probably it's biggest weakness in that the only big twists it's not telling you are coming are the ones around the "who" questions.

But I did enjoy it even if at points in this episode they basically turned to the audience and said "The TVA isn't all powerful as they claim to be" multiple times.

Spoiler

when Kate Berlant turned up as a background character with like two lines I was convinced that they were going with Lady Loki (which admittedly was already fairly easy guess since they didn't show the Loki's face at the end of the last one) and that it was going to be her hiding in plain sight. Kind of bummed out I was wrong about that but on the other hand, casting Kate Berlant as a surprise villain on MCU TV five months after you cast Kathryn Hahn to do the same thing would probably feel redundant, they project fairly similar energy.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Hide contents

when Kate Berlant turned up as a background character with like two lines I was convinced that they were going with Lady Loki (which admittedly was already fairly easy guess since they didn't show the Loki's face at the end of the last one) and that it was going to be her hiding in plain sight. Kind of bummed out I was wrong about that but on the other hand, casting Kate Berlant as a surprise villain on MCU TV five months after you cast Kathryn Hahn to do the same thing would probably feel redundant, they project fairly similar energy.

Spoiler

Sophia Di Martino is also ace. She's been doing great work over here for years, collaborating with a bunch of filmmakers I know & they all speak so highly of her. She was in one of Kate Herron's early shorts and it's pretty incredible that she's been cast in such a huge lead rule. Thrilled for her. 

I'm definitely biased in my views towards this show, because I find Kate's whole journey to helming this show really inspiring & I think she's smashing it. And the fact she's not only landed this show, but brought one her main collaborators on for the ride, is a real cherry on the cake for me.

hate to break it to you guys, but the reveal with the Loki they're hunting is probably a misdirect

It's actually...

Spoiler

Enchantress (Sylvie version)

Considering Norse Loki's level of trickery is literally "hey, you know these apples you're protecting? There's even better ones right over there *yoinks the apple*" him being kinda dumb feels right

• Like 6

While I really enjoyed the epsiode Lamentis (just bolding that so people have a benchmark)

I think the last couple of minutes really tried to re-create the whole Netflix Marvel series "One Shot" fight scene, but obviously with more then one cut, and much more CGI.

I did really like it though

I did think the most recent episode was probably the best one so far as it kind of started to have payoff for the heaping helpings of exposition we've been given so far.

Spoiler

Obviously they're getting out of this situation in some way or another. There isn't the tension at the end of the episode I think they'd normally hope for.

I am interested in them peeling back a bit more about the TVA being malicious vs benevolent. If everyone who works there is a variant then it makes it certain their goal isn't the flow of time but instead some level of control over humanity. It'll be fun to see where they take this.

I've been reading rumors and watching some videos of possible plot points after each episode and this is where have come to after episode 3 so far. 

Spoiler

The biggest one being the current episode is them being trapped in the mind of Loki. If you realize he knew Latin and break down LAMENTIS then it roughly comes out to The Mind. So maybe Lady Loki was able to trick him when she grabbed him and is slowly winning him over to only be revealed at some point in the next episode?

Hot damn... episode 4 was great. I can't wait to see what happens next! This is 6 episodes, right?

There is an after credits scene. It made no sense to me.

13 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

There is an after credits scene. It made no sense to me.

Spoiler

All three are variant Lokis. Presumably "pruned" variants don't die, they're just sent somewhere else. This is probably an alternative New York - likely where we get "Loki for President" from all the teasers leading up to this show.

Richard E. Grant looks fuckin' ridiculous and I'm here for it.

Edited by tristy
Spoiler

Lady Sif!

Mobius :(!

Loki :(:(!

Into the Lokiverse?!

Great episode. Confused about a lot of things though, did I miss something happening with Sylvie's mass bombing? I remember the TVA panicking cos there were loads of branches and shit but then i don't remember that being dealt with.

I get that pruning doesn't seem to kill someone, but before that I was like why would anyone bother with a stabby pointy end of your stick-that-kills-whatever-it-touches?

I'm surprised there wasn't any shenanigans over the Lamentis adventure. It seemed fairly certain the whole immediate doom thing was going to be a mindfuck by one of the Lokis, but it ended up playing straight. Loki straight up caught a falling building and psychically rebuilt it in that episode, which is a new thing.

Really looking forward to Old Man Loki, Kid Loki and presumably President Loki. Surely Mobius must be alive too which is good cos Owen Wilson is killing it.

Spoiler

The after credits scene was basically right out of Rick & Morty.

Overall this show hasn't resolved my biggest gripe with the Marvel Disney+ shows in that they're largely just super long movies. When they're released week to week it really sticks out as such. A small cast of characters going on a long, connected adventure vs having a large cast of characters and multiple plotlines. It's fine but I'm getting a tad disappointed we don't see the side characters unless they enhance the plot of the main ones.

This episode decisively wrapped up Act 2 of our story. I thought it was really fun overall and basically flew by. While it had long been assumed it's obvious now the Timekeepers didn't do anything about the multiverse and divergent timelines but instead have basically sought to let those exist wholly separately from the one they're (or he or she, whomever) is trying to dictate the events of. Will be interesting to see who is behind all this and what their core motivation is.

On 30/06/2021 at 15:55, Kaney said:
  Hide contents

Great episode. Confused about a lot of things though, did I miss something happening with Sylvie's mass bombing? I remember the TVA panicking cos there were loads of branches and shit but then i don't remember that being dealt with.

t

This is my question as well, and they haven't mentioned it at all since the end of Episode 2 as far as I know.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

This is my question as well, and they haven't mentioned it at all since the end of Episode 2 as far as I know.

Spoiler

I assume it was a fake-out to get all of the agents out of the TVA so she could go there and get access to the golden elevator or whatever it's called.

My assessment of Loki is finally, it’s time travel. Now I just need Archibald. 

• Like 2