The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

42 minutes ago, TGWL said:

That's disappointing.  I was really excited for this but wanted to finish a few shows before going through season 3. 

I've not watched it yet, but almost everyone I know (that I trust their opinion) has said that season 3 is really sodding good and one of the best seasons of any of the Marvel / Netflix partnership. 

15 hours ago, Azazel said:

My main issue:

Reveal hidden contents

The entire part of the show about the FBI is ridiculously awful and I can't get into the main storyline because it constantly derails everything.  It's like Season 2 of Luke Cage where I wanted to see Luke vs Bushmaster but kept getting a dumb Mariah story that I didn't like.

Spoiler

It is one of the more over the top parts of it but it's not so egregious that it's taken away my enjoyment of the show. I also really enjoyed the fights they did have and the story outside of that was compelling enough to keep me interested. 

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

That's disappointing.  I was really excited for this but wanted to finish a few shows before going through season 3. 

If you enjoyed the previous seasons I would recommend you still watch it. 

Edited by livid

9 hours ago, K said:

Daredevil s3 is prolly the best mcu season so far. Loved it.

Really close tie between DD S1 and DD S3

I genuinely never expected AoS to be re-upped for a seventh season, let alone have it re-upped before season 6 even started airing. Needless to say i'm very happy, but I do hope they can actually pick everything up in a good way because Season 5 was one of the more perfect book-enders you can get on TV. And here's to hoping it still has plenty of juice to run on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Daredevil's also been cancelled.

I know that Netflix keeps on talking about social media hits as their major metric for whether or not a show is performing... and that Daredevil season 3 trended way down from previous seasons, but with the Iron Fist and Luke Cage cancellations, followed by this... knowing that Disney+ is launching in 2019 and Marvel will want a large presence on that service... does anyone actually think that we'll see more of Jessica Jones or The Punisher after their upcoming seasons? I really think that those two will be the last for the partnership, but with the way that everyone involved has carried their characters, I am really hoping that Marvel doesn't just zip those shows up in their own little pocket universe and start from scratch with the characters they want to include in the MCU moving forward.

I would much rather see Marvel continue their stories and integrate them into the happenings of the MCU.

Though, the conspiracy theorist in me wants to scream about how Avengers 4 will be a major reset of the MCU, much like the major crossover events in the books... and that Marvel will pick and choose what to keep from the massive continuity they've established, and re-cast roles they want to re-cast, and make any character/story changes that they feel are necessary. I wouldn't blame them, as it'd be an easier way to bring in the Fox and Netflix characters... but we're all so invested in the 20+ films that are out, that it would feel cheap to do so.

2 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Jessica Jones is the last one standing! :w00t:

Don't forget about The Punisher.

Also, season 3 of Jessica Jones better be a big improvement over season 2. I found the second season dragged so much, which was disappointing after the first season did so well.

I really hope they keep the cast, Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were fantastic. I enjoyed season 3 and would love them to just continue on whatever this Disney service is, but it's a good wrapping up point as well I guess.