EWB's Top 104 Artists 2013 - Results

METALMAN

Good work Metalman. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the list.

I understand people not liking Slipknot but i'm a proud Maggot. I owe a lot to their music and probably would have committed suicide if it wasn't for them

I'm glad they helped you and all. I mean seriously glad, but are their fans really called maggots? :lol:

Yes. Also, I think it's supposed to actually be complimentary.

I guess I was never a real Slipknot fan, then. :mellow:

I'm fairly indifferent towards this list. Add my dad to the list of ones that like both Pink and Pink Floyd, as well. Other than that, I like Grizzly Bear a decent amount but not nearly enough that it would even be close to my Top 15.

I have to admit, my favorite thing about Kiss is Detroit Rock City, the movie. I fucking love that movie. It's so incredibly stupid but it was a staple of my childhood movie collection and I'll always love it.

I will agree that Iron Maiden is incredibly cheesy, and I mostly hate cheesy metal, but they make it work. For as silly as a song like Quest For Fire is, The Trooper is a fucking bad jam. Too be honest, I think their first album is my favorite, before Bruce Dickinson. I love that album.

• Like 1

It's strange to think that she's only 34. She seems to have been around for ages.

Yeah, she's been around since like 2001 or so. I think what makes Pink different than the rest of her generation of pop divas is that Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera have gone through phases and dropped in and out of the public eye, but Pink has just been there the whole time, steadily churning out bland empowerment anthems for people who want to listens to pop that sounds like it's by someone who has very vaguely heard a rock & roll song one time and was like "oh man, neat."

• Like 5

The only thing I like of the last crop is Maiden. The rest I can take or leave, no strong feelings either way.

I'm not sure I get the whole Pink has been hear the whole time thing, because to me it seems the opposite. She has a vaguely rockish party song like "Get the Party Started" and then follows it up with a ballady type song, then disappears for a few years. Her new album comes out and she releases "So What", then another ballady type thing, disappears and then released her other vaguely rockish party song which I've forgotten from her new album this year.

I checked her Wiki. 2005 is the only year where she didn't have a single out, though she didn't have a Top 40 hit in 03/04 which was surprising to me because I thought "God is a DJ" was bigger than I guess it actually is.

Public perception probably also helps; Britney Spears actually has a similar output apparently (where Pink went quiet hit-wise '03-'05, Britney didn't have one '05/'06) but her image has changed so much over the years and her private life became such a gigantic trainwreck. Beyond the fact that she and Kanye West have feuded I can't tell you the first thing about what Pink does when not making music.

Spend time with her husband and kid I guess?

But they're not even publicly fighting or anything! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HE EXISTS.

Christina Aguilera, on the other hand, legitimately slowed her output down.

• Like 1