EWB's Top 104 Artists 2013 - Results

METALMAN

THE NO, ME NEITHER SPECIAL

96. Chance The Rapper

Number of votes: 3

Highest position: 13th

Does my dad like him? Never heard of him

Did you know??? Chance The Rapper was inspired to take up rapping by the spoken "Take A Chance Take A Chance Take A Take A Chance Chance" bit from Abba's Take A Chance On Me. Hence the name.

95. Five Finger Death Punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nubSOBcFYpY

Number of votes: 2

Highest position: 5th

Does my dad like them? Never heard of them

Did you know??? There is a white guy with dreadlocks in this band. Fucking hell. Also this guy.

THE EMOTIONAL GUYS WITH ACOUSTIC GUITARS

=93. Townes van Zandt

Highest position: 4th

Does my dad like him? He thinks he is okay

Did you know??? Townes van Zandt was so depressed because he knew that Justin Townes Earle, who is a bit rubbish, would be named after him and that they would forever be associated for that reason.

=93. Andrew Jackson Jihad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTxT14ULf5M

Highest position: 4th

Does my dad like him? He doesn't know them.

Did you know??? They originally wanted to call the band the Michael Jackson Jihad, but that term was already copyrighted by the Taliban.

I have yet to check out Chance the Rapper, so I don't really have anything to say about him; I have heard good things though, and I think he performed at this years Roskilde Festival too. Five Finger Death Punch are absolutely terrible, perhaps even worse than Slipknot. Townes Van Zandt strikes me as someone I would greatly enjoy, just for the fact that I know who likes him here on EWB because I have never a single song of his - but being liked by both Skummy, metalman and Grifter gives you some points in my book.

I honestly could not care less about Andrew Jackson Jihad. I guess the Internet has made me really jaded and apprehensive about all these indie-darling bands.

My little brother listens to/has listened to Five Finger Death Punch. I'd say something but I'm glad he's listening to any music and plus, telling him the band is awful is only going to make him listen to them more. Townes Van Zandt is great, though, even though I've only heard a few songs.

I've never listened to Chance The Rapper, but given his name, his image and the sort of people he consorts with, I have a sneaking feeling that he is shit.

I've never listened to Five Finger Death Punch, but given their name, their image and the sort of people they consort with, I have much more than a sneaking feeling that they are shit.

Townes van Zandt is great. He was the first country music that I got into, and opened me up to a lot of good music. I like him. Good for a late night listen.

Andrew Jackson Jihad have a couple of okay songs, but they are mostly very boring, lacking in imagination and variation. The world would be a better place without them.

I don't care about Taylor Swift, Hank Williams is one of my favorites, I don't really care about Arcade Fire either, Devin Townsend's alright and like Skummy said it's nice to see metal with a sense of humor, I've only ever heard of Chance The Rapper, Five Finger Death Punch ahead of Hank Williams are you fucking kidding me, Townes is absolutely phenomenal, people always recommend AJJ to me and I have never been able to get into them at all.

Yyyyyyeup.

So far I'd say Hank Williams is the only artist or band or whatever that I'm into. I'm not really big on country at all, but Hank Williams is the exception to the rule.

I've never heard Townes Van Zandt, in fact if I never heard of EWB, I'd never had heard of Townes Van Zandt. Maybe someday I'll listen to him.

Chance the Rapper's pretty decent, he just hasn't really done enough for me to consider putting him down as one of my 20 favorite artists, even if I were to go just by stuff released in 2013.

Five Finger Death Punch are dumb. Even when I was into metal, etc., that was obvious. It's even more obvious now.

I've never listened to Van Zandt and I've only heard very little of Andrew Jackson Jihad. I'm pretty content with leaving it that way.

I had never heard this band before. I hate metalman and all of you now, this is the worst thing.

Default + Taproot = Five Finger Death Punch.

Spotify related artists: Stone Sour, Mudvayne, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Killswitch Engage, Seether... the best band out of 16 is fucking Rob Zombie, jesus.

• Like 2