EWB's Top 104 Artists 2013 - Results

METALMAN

The Mars Volta? How the... oh well, either way I like them even though they have definitely fallen off my playlist since breaking up. I still spin some Omar Rodriguez-Lopez solo stuff from time to time, though. De-Loused in the Comatorium and The Bedlam in Goliath are still mammoth albums, though. Same with At the Drive-In, actually, all of the Mars Volta related stuff has really faded, which perhaps annoys me a bit since I liked them for the longest of times. Never listened to Ty Segall, though; I intend to but just not right now. Electric Wizard and Boards Of Canada are awesome, man; I remember when I saw Electric Wizard live a few years ago, outdoor stage at Tuska festival. Such a tight gig.

The Mars Volta? How the... oh well, either way I like them even though they have definitely fallen off my playlist since breaking up. I still spin some Omar Rodriguez-Lopez solo stuff from time to time, though. De-Loused in the Comatorium and The Bedlam in Goliath are still mammoth albums, though. Same with At the Drive-In, actually, all of the Mars Volta related stuff has really faded, which perhaps annoys me a bit since I liked them for the longest of times. Never listened to Ty Segall, though; I intend to but just not right now. Electric Wizard and Boards Of Canada are awesome, man; I remember when I saw Electric Wizard live a few years ago, outdoor stage at Tuska festival. Such a tight gig.

Finland (kinda) mentioned. Time to celebrate!

btw how'd you like Helsinki?

Haven't really heard enough of Mars Volta yet to form an opinion of it. Never heard of Electric Wizard and the others making the list this page.

I know two out of four of those and have zero opinion on those two.

In order to shoehorn in yet another post in this thread by me improbably being about early '00s pop singers, here's a .gif of Shakira's reaction to being left out of it until now:

qiMSdtU.gif

I've listened to The Mars Volta a few times, and they've never really made an impression on me. I like At The Drive In though.

I've listened to Twins by Ty Segall a few times. It was okay, but it never really made an impression on me.

I got an Electric Wizard album quite recently. I was actually motivated to do so by last year's list. I enjoyed it. Nice and crunchy.

Boards of Canada are really nice, and very good at what they do. I think their most recent album is my favourite. It is quite special.

Hooray for Boards of Canada (my first to make the list this time around) and hooray for the use of Higitus Figitus from The Sword in The Stone. Otherwise, meh.

HIGH FIVE BOC BROTHER!

Boards of Canada are my favorite musicians ever. I love them more than anything. They have been there for so many great moments in my life and helped me through sad moments. One day I'm getting a cat and naming it Geogaddi.

In order to shoehorn in yet another post in this thread by me improbably being about early '00s pop singers, here's a .gif of Shakira's reaction to being left out of it until now:

qiMSdtU.gif

My wife and I went to the movies once, and during the preview show thing there was a little story about Shakira's tour. On this particular tour she had built her whole show around mongooses and cobras, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi style. There's a point midway through where she says in this incredibly serious voice, "As long as the mongoose can defeat the cobra... there is hope."

It's one of my and my wife's longest-running inside jokes.

• Like 8

qiMSdtU.gif

My wife and I went to the movies once, and during the preview show thing there was a little story about Shakira's tour. On this particular tour she had built her whole show around mongooses and cobras, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi style. There's a point midway through where she says in this incredibly serious voice, "As long as the mongoose can defeat the cobra... there is hope."

This could seriously be a great hipster photos quote.

This could seriously be a great hipster photos quote.

wisegrammashakira_zpsc2e0cf6f.png

• Like 16

I find Mars Volta fairly dull. They did a couple of songs I liked, but for the most part, I got bored of them very quickly. At The Drive-In were much better.

I'm not sure I've ever listened to Ty Segall.

Electric Wizard are awesome. I don't listen to them as much as I should - when it comes to metal, doom is my thing, yet I've never really gone that far down the rabbit-hole in terms of the Wizard.

I like Boards Of Canada, but barely know anything by them. I should listen to them more.

Of those the only one I care for/about is Electric Wizard. Them's my jams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHplp10kQM

• Like 2