2 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Yes!

Because earlier on in the game they did the gun hands thing but I thought that was just because they were being douche management types. But they even did the fake knife to the eye thing.

1 hour ago, BuddyAwesome said:

If I've never played a Borderlands game will the TT still be fun?

3 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Yes. Speaking as a person who is in the same boat.

You will still like it. A few references will fly over your head, but as a whole they did a very good job at worldbuilding so that people who aren't into Borderlands have a good grasp of what's going on. And it's also contained enough inside itself in terms of humour, action, and all the drama going on.

It's really not a high concept adventure, on purpose. It's a bunch of people trying to get rich quick for various reasons, but all of them selfish.

Kind of upset that I finished Tales from the Borderlands. I thoroughly enjoyed it and probably one of the only games where I've liked all the characters even if they were all cliched I still liked them. Halfway through the first episode I was already trying to think of who would play them in a film.

Oh, and the music was spot on.

• 6 months later...

Gonna start playing through more of these. Tomorrow I'll probably kick off with Wolf Among Us and maybe start Game of Thrones. Maybe look into Jurassic Park and Back To The Future after that before starting on the two Batman Seasons and Borderlands. Also need to play TWD:New Frontier and Michonne. Also need to pick up Minecraft Season two and GotG( Probably wait until the Summer Sale)

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

Gonna start playing through more of these. Tomorrow I'll probably kick off with Wolf Among Us and maybe start Game of Thrones. Maybe look into Jurassic Park and Back To The Future after that before starting on the two Batman Seasons and Borderlands. Also need to play TWD:New Frontier and Michonne. Also need to pick up Minecraft Season two and GotG( Probably wait until the Summer Sale)

So, you pretty much need to play everything. :lol:

I would personally give Jurassic Park a miss, it's really naff. 

The two Batman seasons are amongst my favourite, the second in particular was outstanding. 

• Like 2

Jurassic Park and Back to the Future are the only main TT games I've never played. All of the other ones range from good-to-great with Walking Dead: Season One being my favourite purely from an emotional point of view.

Story wise I'm with @Liam Mk2, the second season of Batman is excellent and to a lesser extent season one. Forget everything about Batman and just delve in and it's really enjoyable.

18 hours ago, TMM said:

Jurassic Park and Back to the Future are the only main TT games I've never played.

Back to the Future's decent. It's a traditional point-and-click adventure game in that it predates Telltale's foray into decision-based adventures, but it's full of charm and stays true to the brand.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

Back to the Future's decent. It's a traditional point-and-click adventure game in that it predates Telltale's foray into decision-based adventures, but it's full of charm and stays true to the brand.

That's a very fair analogy. I also suggest people to play Sam & Max, they've dated poorly, but they're still silly offbeat absurdist fun. Jurassic Park is generally poorly regarded by everyone so it's not like it'll be super fun to play.

Jurassic Park is.... okay. Definitely the weakest of the TT lineup I've played, has horrible loading issues, and features a dude managing to solo a goddamn raptor.

Still better than JP3.

I regret starting Game of Thrones. You don't learn of the save bug until after you're playing the game and wonder why your choices are being ignored.
I'm going to skip it for now. Play through it another time and just live with the default choices.

EDIT:
Going to skip Jurassic Park also as I apparently can't pause the game without having my cursor disappear afterwards. Hard to play when I can't see where I'm clicking.

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I regret starting Game of Thrones. You don't learn of the save bug until after you're playing the game and wonder why your choices are being ignored.
I'm going to skip it for now. Play through it another time and just live with the default choices.

EDIT:
Going to skip Jurassic Park also as I apparently can't pause the game without having my cursor disappear afterwards. Hard to play when I can't see where I'm clicking.

Save bug?