The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Dodgy, but it was his liners making all the shit decisions, I thought Taylor had a good game. He had no chance of seeing the spitting, it was miles away from play.

One thing I've just found out is that Jonny 'not that kind of player' Evans also gobbed on the floor towards Riviere after the blatant foul in the box. He should probably see a doctor about it if it's that much of a problem.

• Like 1

I wasn't criticising his performance, more questioning how an official can be allocated to a match involving a club that is situated 8 miles from his hometown?

I wasn't criticising his performance, more questioning how an official can be allocated to a match involving a club that is situated 8 miles from his hometown?

Same thing happened to us last season. Rodgers wasn't happy about it.

Because he's an Altrincham fan and the Premier League has enough faith in the refs that who they live near, or even who they formerly supported doesn't matter. Graham Poll describes himself in his book as a "lapsed QPR fan" and when appointed to referee an FA Cup Final the Mirror tried to run a story claiming he was a Chelsea fan - considering events that transpired in his last season, that's quite amusing - when it became clear he wasn't, they tried to run a story about his reffing of QPR games. They'd lost 4 and won just once in 6 games reffed by Poll, so I'm not entirely sure what they were trying to achieve there.

Can London refs not do any other London games? I'd imagine that's tricky to work out.

There aren't any Premier League refs from London, probably for that reason. Closest would be Lee Probart and Roger East from Wiltshire, or Andre Mariner, who's from the West Midlands.

Can London refs not do any other London games? I'd imagine that's tricky to work out.

There aren't any Premier League refs from London, probably for that reason. Closest would be Lee Probart and Roger East from Wiltshire, or Andre Mariner, who's from the West Midlands.
That's not how it works I don't think. Referee's have to declare if they support a team, and then they can't referee them in the interest of impartiality. So that's why Chris Foy doesn't referee Everton games but Andre Marriner can do Villa/WBA games.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-new-80million-per-year-sponsorship-5290985

Didn't take them long, did it?

I know that 'related party' has its own precise business meaning, but I can't help but be amused that UEFA have deemed Etihad not to be a related party to Manchester City when their chairmen are literally brothers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-new-80million-per-year-sponsorship-5290985

Didn't take them long, did it?

I know that 'related party' has its own precise business meaning, but I can't help but be amused that UEFA have deemed Etihad not to be a related party to Manchester City when their chairmen are literally brothers.

And their old sponsors were literally Brother

>_>

• Like 3

Chelsea FC is 110 years old today! Hurray!

At a meeting held in London last evening, it was unanimously decided to form a limited liability professional football club for Stamford Bridge. It will be called the "Chelsea Football Club." The capital is to be £5,000 in £1 shares. One half of the capital was subscribed at the meeting. it was decided to apply for admission to the first division of the Southern League.

- newspaper cutting dated 11th March 1905

Of course Spurs and Fulham objected to us joining the Southern League so we joined the Football League instead. Nyuck.

• Like 2

• Admin
Schalke will make Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic a permanent signing at the end of the season. The Serbia international, 21, joined the German side on loan in January with Schalke having the option to keep him. They have now activated that option by offering the ex-Fiorentina player a four-year deal.
  • Like 1