The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Everton away may be the crucial game for us, assuming we get very little or nothing from Chelsea and Man City. I figure if Arsenal beat Liverpool that's us 8 clear, but two losses or a draw and a loss against the top two puts Liverpool right back in it if they beat Newcastle and Hull. We've been dodgy against Everton for years so that might be the one that decides it.

Why are Carragher and Henry defending Gerrard as some sort of frustrated martyr, brushing over what he did and saying how great he has been.

That was a disgusting thing to do and he's done stuff like that a few times in his career. If that were Herrera on Gerrard, he'd be vilified and ostracised by the media.

There was an absolute plonker on 606 earlier. He blamed Rodgers for making Gerrard frustrated by not playing him enough and causing Gerrard's 'Istanbul passion' to overflow.

• Like 5

Why are Carragher and Henry defending Gerrard as some sort of frustrated martyr, brushing over what he did and saying how great he has been.

That was a disgusting thing to do and he's done stuff like that a few times in his career. If that were Herrera on Gerrard, he'd be vilified and ostracised by the media.

There was an absolute plonker on 606 earlier. He blamed Rodgers for making Gerrard frustrated by not playing him enough and causing Gerrard's 'Istanbul passion' to overflow.

It's that kind of passion that we need in the England players. We would win everything with that passion.

I guess to be fair to him Gerrard himself pretty much said "Yeah, that was dumb thing of me to do." after the match.

Oh yeah, it was just the idea that Saint Stevie could do no wrong because he did a bit of shouting and pointing in a game nearly a decade ago is ludicrous.

The amusing world of the football fan's psyche: we're all perfectly happy singing "We're top of the league!" (and we do, over and over)...but today some Chelsea fans tried to start up "We're gonna win the league!" - and the rest of us immediately reacted with "NOPE! NOPE! STOP THAT!"

The way that the Scousers sang that song (with hilarious consequences) last season might have a little to do with this.

Oh, Gerrard will be "disappointed" for being malicious and petulant, we're told. That's alright then.

We're also informed that Skrtel is "naughty" for trying to hurt De Gea. What a cheeky little scamp he is.

You'll have to forgive my caustic reaction - I was expecting repeated use of the word "criminal".

• Like 4

I liked the fact his 'apology' (at least on Sky) didn't involve the word apologise or sorry, but did include lots of 'holding his hands up'. Impressive.

The classic "sorry I got caught" apology.

I liked the fact his 'apology' (at least on Sky) didn't involve the word apologise or sorry, but did include lots of 'holding his hands up'. Impressive.

The classic "I got caught" apology.

Fixed. It was an admission of guilt, not an apology by any definition.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly