The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I finally caught up on MOTD earlier, did anyone else find it odd that they decided to show the entire 30 seconds around Johnson coming on and the resulting barrage of 'paedo' chants? Hardly a necessary highlight.

• Like 2

I liked the fact his 'apology' (at least on Sky) didn't involve the word apologise or sorry, but did include lots of 'holding his hands up'. Impressive.

The classic "I got caught" apology.

Fixed. It was an admission of guilt, not an apology by any definition.

I actually saw the footage of it this morning. He does technically apologise......to his teammates and fans. The context being that the only thing that matters is that he might have harmed Liverpool Football Club's chances. I can see why a lot of people mistook this for an actual apology - most of them only care about Liverpool too.

The inferred message inevitably being "The guy I stamped on though? Fuck him."

Steven Gerrard in being a horrible person shocker :/

Also, anyone thinking Liverpool are going to make 4th are being pretty hopeful at this stage.

5 points off 4th, 8 games to go including games against Arsenal and Chelsea away and only 3 home games left, pretty much mean that no points can be dropped in the other 6 games (outside of the Arsenal and Chelsea games)

And then you have to hope Man U, Arsenal or City go off the boil.

Yeah, as a Liverpool fan, I think our top 4 chances went with Gerrard's dismissal. The only positive from that match is that it's 3 less games we have to try and fit Gerrard into the side. He does not fit in the squad anymore.

And truthfully, his apology is a load of shit because in his apology he all but blames Herrara for it happening. He said something along the lines of he reacted because of Herrera's tackle and seeing his studs come at him. Even in his apology, he passes the blame. He came out reckless, it caught up to him in about 40 seconds, and he cost Liverpool the match and probably their season. I have always supported Gerrard, but I didn't really start following English soccer until the last 5 or 6 years. I never saw the Steven Gerrard who had the Istanbul moment or FA Cup Final performance. I've sadly only ever gotten to see Steven Gerrard, mentally inferior footballer who chokes in high pressure situations.

Steven Gerrard in being a horrible person shocker :/

Also, anyone thinking Liverpool are going to make 4th are being pretty hopeful at this stage.

5 points off 4th, 8 games to go including games against Arsenal and Chelsea away and only 3 home games left, pretty much mean that no points can be dropped in the other 6 games (outside of the Arsenal and Chelsea games)

And then you have to hope Man U, Arsenal or City go off the boil.

Liverpool have got a much better record away from home this season so not being at Anfield might be a plus :shifty:

Also Szumi did you miss how for a good chunk of the back end of last season Gerrard was excellent? Up to the slip at least. Generally he's not considered the best captain on the pitch but around the club he is said to be brilliant.

The stamp was stupid and he deserved to be sent off. His great weakness has always been how much emotion gets to him at times.

Also Szumi did you miss how for a good chunk of the back end of last season Gerrard was excellent? Up to the slip at least. Generally he's not considered the best captain on the pitch but around the club he is said to be brilliant.

The stamp was stupid and he deserved to be sent off. His great weakness has always been how much emotion gets to him at times.

Excellent? He cost you the title.

RIGHT after excellent he mentioned up to the slip.. are you just being ignorant on fucking purpose for some stupid reason or what?

• Like 1

Gerrard's heat map from Sunday:

_81838497_capture.png

As a sports psychology student, I get access to the latest technology, which is much more accurate...

Ander_Herrera_MUFC_2014.jpg

• Like 5

RIGHT after excellent he mentioned up to the slip.. are you just being ignorant on fucking purpose for some stupid reason or what?

Calm down, calm down

• Like 1

He wasn't actively trying to. :rolleyes:

Maybe he was...

Come the end of the season, Gerrard rips off his Liverpool shirt to reveal a Chelsea one underneath. Turns out he'd been playing for them since 2006.

• Like 1

The BBC article has a caption saying he stamped after a foul from Herrera. Strange interpretation.

Well, Liverpool did get the resulting FK after the red. Herrera did foul him.

Oops. Not a foul for me mind, missed him and was travelling so slowly Gerrard had time to stamp on him. Gerrard's on Mata was foulier.