The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

So, wait. Hang on.

* He was brought in by Vialli who was swiftly sacked. Ranieri came in and didn't fancy him. Okay, fine. These things happen.

* He talks about how terrible not-playing is. He talks of Chelsea needing to cut costs, and only wanting to accept loans that paid 100% of his wages. In his example, a club offered 70% of his wages. He also says that he would have been content to take a 30% cut in wages.

So why wasn't he sold to one of these clubs instead?

Dubious.

If I were injury riddled, in my 30s and on 40k a week, I'd sit happily on my contract too. From the picture he paints, it seems he was a crock. He wasn't going to be playing much again regardless, I would've done the exact same thing.

SWP is doing the same thing now only on more money at a much shitter team.

Still rotting in the QPR reserves.

He made his first start of the season the other week against Palace. Granted, he went missing a couple of times leaving their 19 year old fullback to deal with both Bolasie and Kelly down the left, which led to two of the goals. But he played! Just not well...

Teams for today's charity match, if anyone's interested.

Confirmed Steven Gerrard ‪#‎LFCAllStars‬ starting XI: Jones, Johnson, A Gerrard, Terry, Riise, S Gerrard, Alonso, Nolan, Babel, Sinclair, Henry.

Substitutes: Dann, Williams, Suarez, Torres, Adam, Spearing, Warnock, Teixeira.

Confirmed Jamie Carragher #LFCAllStars starting XI: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Kelly, Arbeloa, Lucas, Shelvey, Kewell, Downing, Drogba, Balotelli.

Substitutes: Gulacsi, Garcia, Noone, Moreno, Clichy, Borini, Bellamy.

Should be a good game. Took the missus and her younger brother today so he should enjoy seeing players like Suarez, Torres etc.

I'll just get sad when Suarez does something amazing or when Alonso does an amazing pass.

Kuyt and Meireles pulled out cause of injury but they are both at the game.

Only time Drogba will get cheered at Anfield. 2-0 Carragher's team after Balotelli scored first and Drogba getting the second.